Windows 10: Battery stops charging

Discus and support Battery stops charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Battery doesn't charge more than 47%, it is plugged in and shows charging sing but it does not exceed 47% even plugged more than 12 hours. I've done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HenryChiedozie, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Battery stops charging

Battery doesn't charge more than 47%, it is plugged in and shows charging sing but it does not exceed 47% even plugged more than 12 hours.

I've done the hard reset and still yet nothing happens.

:)

HenryChiedozie, Aug 17, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Aug 17, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Battery stops charging

Battery stops charging at 50%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, Windows 10, the battery charges to 50% then stops charging. It displays 'plugged in, not charging'. Any suggestions how to deal with this problem?

CetinElmas, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Battery stops charging

1. Battery stops charging - Similar Threads - Battery stops charging

2. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.: This keeps happening. Everything is fine at first when I plug it in, but then it starts to blink. The laptop keeps stopping the charging only to start again. I know it's not because of the battery or because of heat. The battery is fine, and it keeps happening even when the...
  3. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.: This keeps happening. Everything is fine at first when I plug it in, but then it starts to blink. The laptop keeps stopping the charging only to start again. I know it's not because of the battery or because of heat. The battery is fine, and it keeps happening even when the...
  4. battery keeps charging then stopping then charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery stop charging at 93%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery stop charging at 93%: My pc battery stop charging at 93% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-stop-charging-at-93/29322616-f191-4e12-9f46-162787c55a6f
  6. Battery stop charging at 93%

Battery stop charging at 93%: My pc battery stop charging at 93% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-stop-charging-at-93/29322616-f191-4e12-9f46-162787c55a6f
  7. Battery stop charging at 93%

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Battery stopped charging at 60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery stopped charging at 60%: I've got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 intel i3 11 gen,8GB ram my battery charges to 60% and after that is shows'plugged in, not charging'. I am on Windows 11. My adapter is working perfectly fine and the battery lasts 4 hours on 60%I don't know what's wrong please help....
  9. Battery stopped charging at 60%

Battery stopped charging at 60%: I've got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 intel i3 11 gen,8GB ram my battery charges to 60% and after that is shows'plugged in, not charging'. I am on Windows 11. My adapter is working perfectly fine and the battery lasts 4 hours on 60%I don't know what's wrong please help....
  10. Battery stops charging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stops charging.: My battery stops charging at 68% and not charging more than that. What will be the issue. I have tried updating the drivers and runs the power troubleshooter, but still not charging more than 68%. Suggest me a solution please. My laptop - HP Omen 15-ce084TX Thanks....