Windows 10: Battery Stuck at 83% does not charge or discharge

Discus and support Battery Stuck at 83% does not charge or discharge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Asus laptop running windows 10 does not charge or discharge it's stuck at 83% even if it's plugged or unplugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZakariaAMRANI, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Battery Stuck at 83% does not charge or discharge

My Asus laptop running windows 10 does not charge or discharge it's stuck at 83% even if it's plugged or unplugged

:)

ZakariaAMRANI, Jul 21, 2019

2. Battery stays at 83%. Plugged in, not charging.

Hi guys!

My laptop just stopped charging recently after I up. I plug the charging cable in and it recognises it, charges for 15 or 20 minutes,

then reverts to saying "plugged in, not charging. The funny thing is that the battery life is somehow stuck at 83%.

I'm a windows 7 user, I have no idea what to do.

Help me out, please! You're my only hope!

Murshed Alom, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Battery discharging

My laptop is plugged into a docking station but the battery is discharging instead of charging. Any suggestions? Wondering if my docking station is needing to be replaced.

DebbieHarris3, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Battery Stuck at 83% does not charge or discharge

Battery charging advice

It very much depends on the manufacturer. Some have battery saving options that can be turned on in their bios. My Samsung will stop at 80%. My Dell has a comprehensive set of options in its bios. My Toshiba has none.

General rule of thumb to extend battery life seems to be never charge to 100% or run it down completely. Charging little and often seems best.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Thema:

Battery Stuck at 83% does not charge or discharge

1. Battery Stuck at 83% does not charge or discharge - Similar Threads - Battery Stuck 83%

2. Battery icon discharge not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon discharge not showing: After the update my batter icon doesn't even provide me any correct information the battery charge won't go down. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-discharge-not-showing/98dc9579-df2f-4324-8433-b1f50bad1f88
  3. Battery icon discharge not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery icon discharge not showing: After the update my batter icon doesn't even provide me any correct information the battery charge won't go down. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-discharge-not-showing/98dc9579-df2f-4324-8433-b1f50bad1f88
  4. battery icon is not showing discharge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery icon is not showing discharge: After the recent update, my battery icon is not showing correct info, it's always showing 99% doesn't goes 100 or less than 99. What to do to fix this?...
  5. Battery Icon is not showing Discharge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Icon is not showing Discharge: After recent windows update my battery icon is not showing correct info! It's always showing 99%, doesn't go to 100% or less than 99%.Is there any solution for this? How to fix it?...
  6. the laptop when plugged in is not charging the battery, instead it's discharging itself...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the laptop when plugged in is not charging the battery, instead it's discharging itself...: it started doing that a month or so ago, and I'm thinking I may just need an new battery for the laptop. What could possibly be the issue with it not charging the battery while plugged in? And it will not turn on not unless again it's plugged in to power source. the battery...
  7. Battery Discharging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Discharging: So i was playing a game that i smelt light burning and after that my PC was in charge said low battery and then the screen went black. then I realize that the PC was turned off, and the battery icon was red low battery then i turned it on and started the windows. I checked...
  8. battery charge & discharge

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery charge & discharge: I recently bought two new batteries for my laptop, and the box for at least one says that to maximize performance, it must be charged for twelve hours, and then fully charged and discharged up to four times. Somehow, I successfully discharged it all the way to 0% once after...
  9. Plugged in but battery does not charge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Plugged in but battery does not charge: Win Pro operating system version 1909 build 18363.476 How can it be that I have 3 PCs all running Win 10 Pro 64-bit that run well except the batteries will not recharge. When I take the notebooks to another location and plug them in the icon on the taskbar says Plugged in...
  10. Battery discharging completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery discharging completely: Hi in the last 2 days/nights my Laptop battery has completely discharged overnight when in Sleep mode. From 100% to 0% in 7 hours. Laptop is Acer Swift 3. Maybe coincidence but this has only happened since latest Windows Update KB4512508 What to do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is laptop battery stuck at 83%

2. laptop battery is stuck at 83%

3. windows 10 shows battery 83% charge

4. 83% plugged in not charging,
  5. surface pro 6 not charging to 100%