Windows 10: Battery unknown remaining

Discus and support Battery unknown remaining in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week ago, my laptop started to stop showing the remaining battery and instead showed "Unknown remaining". It would shut down all of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vy Do, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Vy Do Win User

Battery unknown remaining

About a week ago, my laptop started to stop showing the remaining battery and instead showed "Unknown remaining". It would shut down all of a sudden although I did charge overnight, and was only turned on when I plugged in the charger. However, when it is plugged in it showed this "Plugged in and not charging" and still does. Since yesterday, I have had to plug in always to prevent it from shutting down as it would shut down right away when the charger is removed, when a few days before it would take a few hours on battery before it shut down. When it is plugged in, it works fine but as soon as it goes into sleep mode, I would have to plug in the charger again. What should I do in this case?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Vy Do, Apr 11, 2019

2. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to try with a driver remove and reinstall with Device Manager. To do so:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then reboot your system and check if the problem still exists.

Please tell me if the solution works.

StefanoTamiotti, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Battery not detected (unknown remaining)

At first my battery indicator used to stuck up at some random number and did not use to change at both while charging or discharging.

I tried to reset the pc a few times and now it can't detect my battery................while charging it shows "plugged in and charging" and at 100% always............and while discharging it shows "unknown remaining" and 100% and turn off suddenly when its
    battery gets completely discharged.

please help me.

Prakhar Parashari, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Battery unknown remaining

Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

If your battery has some years, it could be that is going to die. If not, you should check the battery plug, it could be a bad connection.

However, try other two times with :

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on the first element on list

5. Click on "Remove"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second element on list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

8. Reboot

And check if the battery is read again by the OS. If not, then try to run a filesystem check and repair:

1. Digit "cmd" in windows search bar

2. Right click on "Command Prompt"

3. Select "Run as Administrator"

4. Digit "sfc /scannow" without quote and press ENTER

Another info that I need: if your laptop is powered off, have you a led indicator, that tells you if the battery is charging?

StefanoTamiotti, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Battery unknown remaining

1. Battery unknown remaining - Similar Threads - Battery unknown remaining

2. Battery remains at 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery remains at 80%: HelloMy battery used to charge at 100%. Few days age, I noticed it dropped to 80% and remains unchanged. Also the adaptor signal light on the laptop disappear. So, I did the following:1. I updated Microsoft ACPI2. I uninstalled adapter and reboot the system3. I extracted...
  3. Battery 0% remaining

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery 0% remaining: Guys Hello I'm David and im using a laptop HP Notebook - 14-bs559tu and the battery of it was replaced with new just a year ago and it was having some issues as such Battery Error 601 and i fix by watching some youtube tech tips and how fixing it and this error was being like...
  4. Battery 0% remaining

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 0% remaining: Guys Hello I'm David and im using a laptop HP Notebook - 14-bs559tu and the battery of it was replaced with new just a year ago and it was having some issues as such Battery Error 601 and i fix by watching some youtube tech tips and how fixing it and this error was being like...
  5. Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown time remaining/ battery not detected: I have been having issues with this pc for two years where the battery is concerned. What I should be using is the replacement battery but it fell into the same issues as the first: 1 while installed and running, the pc would cut after or before an hour had gone regardless...
  6. Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery showing unknown remaining even after reinstalling the acpi driver: How do I fix submitted by /u/dudepi3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihw28o/battery_showing_unknown_remaining_even_after/
  7. Following battery change, battery monitor shows "unknown remaining"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Following battery change, battery monitor shows "unknown remaining": Following installation of a new battery in my ACER M5-481T-6642 laptop running Win 10 (1903), the battery icon in the task bar has grayed out and displays "Unknown Remaining" when cursor is placed over it. Settings/System/Battery also shows vague/unknown battery condition...
  8. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not detected (Unknown remaining): Good day, I'm having battery problems on my Sager NP8372. First, the battery icon on the taskbar suddenly switches back and forth from the default battery icon to “no battery detected” icon and changes my brightness setting. It just happens intermittently, and I don’t know...
  9. No battery time remaining

in Windows 10 Customization
    No battery time remaining: Hi, I looked on the internet a way to see the time remaining on my battery before it becomes empty but I didn't found anything useful. The only thing it shows me is the remaining time before it becomes fully charged. I currently have a Acer Spin 5 with Windows 10 Home. I...
  10. Battery icon, % remaining

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon, % remaining: Hi, I put windows 10 on my tablet, and I have the battery icon in the notification area. If I tap it when the charger is plugged in, it will pop up a percentage and 'time remaining until fully charged'. If I tap it when it isn't charging, the icon background changes as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery unknown remaining windows 10