Windows 10: Battery upgrade

Discus and support Battery upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was wondering if i could upgrade the battery in my new Inspirion 3501 I7 11th gen NVIDIA Mx330 version. It has a 42Mwh battery. If i change it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sync _w, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Sync _w Win User

Battery upgrade

I was wondering if i could upgrade the battery in my new Inspirion 3501 I7 11th gen NVIDIA Mx330 version. It has a 42Mwh battery. If i change it to perhaps a 90mwh battery would it make it last longer without killing it?

:)

Sync _w, Jan 17, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery upgrade pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Battery upgrade

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Battery upgrade

1. Battery upgrade - Similar Threads - Battery upgrade

2. How can I upgrade to Windows 11 if my laptop battery is dead, but running from the powerpack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade to Windows 11 if my laptop battery is dead, but running from the powerpack: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. But my laptop battery is dead. I'm running from the powerpack. But whilst installing my laptop powers off and I have to wait for the laptop to fix itself and go back to Windows 10.Is there anyway I can upgrade without...
  3. How can I upgrade to Windows 11 if my laptop battery is dead, but running from the powerpack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I upgrade to Windows 11 if my laptop battery is dead, but running from the powerpack: I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. But my laptop battery is dead. I'm running from the powerpack. But whilst installing my laptop powers off and I have to wait for the laptop to fix itself and go back to Windows 10.Is there anyway I can upgrade without...
  4. Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?: Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-disconnect-my-battery-when-upgrading/f84efbe7-145f-469e-9044-92b9561b6998
  5. Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?

Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?: Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-disconnect-my-battery-when-upgrading/f84efbe7-145f-469e-9044-92b9561b6998
  6. After upgrading to Windows 11, battery stopped charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading to Windows 11, battery stopped charging.: So I just upgraded to Windows 11, and all of a sudden my battery stopped charging. It just stays at 20% all the time. I tried to reset the battery uninstalled it from device manager, also tried updating and rolling back the drivers. Nothing is wrong with the charger, or the...
  7. After upgrading to Windows 11, battery stopped charging.

After upgrading to Windows 11, battery stopped charging.: So I just upgraded to Windows 11, and all of a sudden my battery stopped charging. It just stays at 20% all the time. I tried to reset the battery uninstalled it from device manager, also tried updating and rolling back the drivers. Nothing is wrong with the charger, or the...
  8. Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.: My laptop charge drops from 60% to 0% in a second and shuts itself off. My laptop became dramatically unusable in two days.PC manufacturer upgraded my pc to Windows 11 four days ago and I am getting instant charging drops and pc crashes for two days straight.My battery health...
  9. Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.: My laptop charge drops from 60% to 0% in a second and shuts itself off. My laptop became dramatically unusable in two days.PC manufacturer upgraded my pc to Windows 11 four days ago and I am getting instant charging drops and pc crashes for two days straight.My battery health...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 11 caused battery to charge less than it uses.

Upgrade to Windows 11 caused battery to charge less than it uses.: Within 6 hours after upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop's battery began to charge less than it uses. Even if I plug it into an outlet and shut it down for over 12 hours, the laptop still won't charge to 100%. Why is this and what can I do to fix it? I've noticed many other...