Windows 10: Battery very slow to charge since update

Discus and support Battery very slow to charge since update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Linx Vision 004 tablet, since the update now the battery takes forever to charge, never had the problem before the update, I have tried a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by daveyggeraghty, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Battery very slow to charge since update

I have a Linx Vision 004 tablet, since the update now the battery takes forever to charge, never had the problem before the update, I have tried a new charging cable and still the same.

:)

daveyggeraghty, Mar 18, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Mar 18, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    Battery Not Charging

Not sure about ASUS, but I do know that Dell use a chip in their chargers now, to make sure you use an authentic Dell charger. These chips go bad, and your laptop will stop charging or charge at a very slow rate - so slow, that the only way to get the thing charged is to shut it down and leave it plugged in overnight.

And, batteries going bad, will stop charging.

simrick, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Battery very slow to charge since update

battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Battery very slow to charge since update

1. Battery very slow to charge since update - Similar Threads - Battery very slow

2. window 11 updated and then battery draining very quickly and charging quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 updated and then battery draining very quickly and charging quickly: when i updated my window 11 version and restart it then my laptop battery drains very quickly and charging also very quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-updated-and-then-battery-draining-very/54fba5f5-8fc0-4cf1-a549-c8fda0724b04
  3. window 11 updated and then battery draining very quickly and charging quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 11 updated and then battery draining very quickly and charging quickly: when i updated my window 11 version and restart it then my laptop battery drains very quickly and charging also very quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-updated-and-then-battery-draining-very/54fba5f5-8fc0-4cf1-a549-c8fda0724b04
  4. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  5. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow battery and computer: Hello,I have my computer batter at 100,% after unplugging it will disappear and my computer is really slow. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-battery-and-computer/55a9eed7-e071-4e9e-9e8f-801238433b88
  6. very slow battery and computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop Battery plugged in but not charging, since

Laptop Battery plugged in but not charging, since: I believe that the batteryhardware is working fine. However it's struck at 18% plugged not charging. On disconnecting the chargerlaptop shuts down instantly. The laptop and battery was fine yesterday, the only thing changed since then was a cumulative update. [ATTACH] I...
  8. Laptop battery not charging since Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging since Windows update: Last October, my laptop installed a Windows update, and after that, my laptop battery would not charge when plugged in. I tried this fix which worked. However, the next time I restarted my computer, the battery would not charge again. Annoying, but not a huge problem. But...
  9. Battery draining very fast since last updates

Battery draining very fast since last updates: I recently bought a msi laptop and in the beginning I had no problem at all. More than a week ago, I installed an accumulative update and since then, the battery is draining very fast. Normally, it lasted 5 hours with power saving but now it doesn't even last 1 hour and a...
  10. PC very slow since windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC very slow since windows update: Hi Guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd. I have 16 gig of memory. It is running extremely slow. All programs, including Chrome, are taking 5 or 6 times longer to load. I have checked everything I can think of. I ran Disc Cleanup. I ran...