Windows 10: Battery will not charge at all on Laptop

Discus and support Battery will not charge at all on Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is for HP Laptop 15-bwOxx, and can't seem to find a replacement to buy. Can anyone help??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by montygue, Mar 5, 2019.

1. montygue Win User

Battery will not charge at all on Laptop

This is for HP Laptop 15-bwOxx, and can't seem to find a replacement to buy. Can anyone help??

:)

montygue, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 5, 2019
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Battery will not charge at all on Laptop

Laptop battery charging limiter software?

There is no consensus suggesting such restrictions do any good with today's batteries. The "marketing" hype behind it is to prevent the battery from over-heating or worse, over-charging - events that may indeed shorted battery life. But notebook charging/monitoring circuits are not going to let a battery overcharge. And thermal protection devices are going to prevent over-heating. What may seem too warm for us is not necessarily too hot for the battery.

Chargers do NOT keep charging the batteries beyond 100%. And batteries do NOT keep asking for charge current once charged.

You will see some "experts" (cough cough) claim that Li-Ion batteries get too hot when they max out their charge to 100%. Bullfeathers! If that were true, why would battery makers allow it? The shysters... err... lawyers in their legal departments would not allow it!

Charge your battery to 100%. Pull the battery and let it sit on a table for 15 minutes. Does it stay hot?

Modern Li-Ion batteries are pretty smart. And so are notebook charging circuits. Batteries tend to charge very rapidly from discharged up to 70 - 80%. And that's when they tend to get the most heated. As they approach a full charge, they take on a charge at a much (s)lower rate. We see this all the time on our devices. It moves really quickly at first, then takes forever to reach those last few percentage points. That's perfectly normal. But it also means the lower charge rate generates less heat.

If this feature was necessary, why don't all cell phones have it? They use Li-Ion batteries. People leave them plugged in all night long.

See Tip # 6 here (second paragraph).

IMO, if your notebook does not offer the option, don't worry about it. Instead, enjoy the longer runtimes a full charge provides.

Bill_Bright, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Battery will not charge at all on Laptop

1. Battery will not charge at all on Laptop - Similar Threads - Battery charge Laptop

2. Laptop Battery not Charging?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery not Charging?: Hi! I was wondering why my laptop battery displays 76% available plugged in. But the issue is that I don't think it's charging very well. Once the battery had reached 76%, it began to charge very slow. Sometimes it happens around 70% to 80% and stops charging. The display...
  3. Laptop battery is not charging fully

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery is not charging fully: The battery of my new laptop is charging to 93-95%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-is-not-charging-fully/16e83c54-4ebe-4670-9d06-0fa257cdb6a2
  4. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery not charging: After the recent update KB4532695 my laptop battery has stopped charging. when I connect the directly to the power supply it briefly shows its charging then a few seconds later it stop. now I have to work with the laptop when its constantly connected to the power supply....
  5. Laptop Battery charging limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Battery charging limit: How do I turn on or activate the 80% battery charging limit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-charging-limit/237862c0-ddfc-4f21-8dcc-2117fc555fe2
  6. Battery charging on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging on my laptop: I have an Asus vivo Pro laptop, and, yet AGAIN, after another windows update, I find myself looking for solutions for a battery net charging to 100 percent issue. Please Microsoft, stop screwing with my battery level settings or I will buy an Apple product. Windows 10 Sucks...
  7. Laptop battery not charging

Laptop battery not charging: My charging light is flashing. I have cleaned everything and plugged into a different sauce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-not-charging/07956957-1800-4b6a-ae57-acf27c6b65ba
  8. laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop battery not charging: my laptop says the battery is not charging and will not power on just the battery. Im thinking its possibly a driver issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-not-charging/dca14bb2-6164-4a50-a166-96f46d395b24
  9. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery not charging: This is yet another issue I am experiencing after the 1809 fall update, nothing else in my system has been changed other than the installation of the 1809 fall update, so I am confident it's at the root of the problem. Let me first state I never use my battery, ever, and it...
  10. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...