Windows 10: battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge

Discus and support battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; help w/ batt. charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhillipNeri, Oct 22, 2018.

1. battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge

help w/ batt. charge

:)

PhillipNeri, Oct 22, 2018
  2. JD9999 Win User

Battery fully charged, but still charging

My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows 10 is the issue. My laptop has also had significant issues with charging. I can confirm this with two batteries. I have an Asus K55VD which I haven't changed the battery plugs in or anything like that. What could my problem be? Here's what I've tried:

-Disabling and re-enabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (no change)
    -Turning power saving off in BIOS (did a bit of help with the charging problem)
    -Fixing the fan (turns out it wasn't spinning, which caused a range of issues. Helped the battery charge issue a bit)
    -Keeping the laptop shut down (didn't help)
    -Keeping it asleep (didn't help)
    -Keeping it on with the screen off (did help it charge)

Yet I can't find a fix for the battery charging percentage and time issue. Any help would be appreciated.

JD9999, Oct 22, 2018
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge

Battery charging advice

1) The battery charging stops when fully charged with the charger on, thus no need for manually switching off.

2) If the battery is at zero charge, the charger is used to run the Laptop and recharge the battery.

Depends on the manufacturer when charging starts, on mine anything less than 100%. Some seem to think a 70% charge as lengthening the lifetime of their batteries.

You only need to waft the mouse pointer over the standard Windows taskbar battery Icon to see the charge %.

An AIO desktop does not have a battery. It may well have PSU looking like a charger as some may use Laptop type MOBOs, basically fitted in the monitor casing.

Helmut, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge

1. battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge - Similar Threads - battery charge laptop

2. My battery is charging but the charging led light shows a red light even though its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery is charging but the charging led light shows a red light even though its...: When I had first got this laptop, every time I charged it, it would show a blue light but now its showing red? It's still able to charge but is this bad? How do I fix this problem?...
  3. My battery is charging but the charging led light shows a red light even though its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My battery is charging but the charging led light shows a red light even though its...: When I had first got this laptop, every time I charged it, it would show a blue light but now its showing red? It's still able to charge but is this bad? How do I fix this problem?...
  4. my battery light is blinking and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery light is blinking and not charging: my battery light is blinking and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-light-is-blinking-and-not-charging/6eb63a7e-0fe2-41ca-bd7c-4d209d1f361e
  5. my battery light is blinking and not charging

my battery light is blinking and not charging: my battery light is blinking and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-light-is-blinking-and-not-charging/6eb63a7e-0fe2-41ca-bd7c-4d209d1f361e
  6. my battery light is blinking and not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Charging light blinks to red and then to white, then where battery shows percantage goes to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Charging light blinks to red and then to white, then where battery shows percantage goes to...: I've been having this problem and it keeps popping up a blue screen saying "Your battery is running low" then the battery turns to 100% I tried to fix it but it's starting to get frustrating now, I don't know what to do about it....
  8. Charging light blinks to red and then to white, then where battery shows percantage goes to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging light blinks to red and then to white, then where battery shows percantage goes to...: I've been having this problem and it keeps popping up a blue screen saying "Your battery is running low" then the battery turns to 100% I tried to fix it but it's starting to get frustrating now, I don't know what to do about it....
  9. Charging light blinks to red and then to white, then where battery shows percantage goes to...

10. Battery is not charging on Surface Laptop 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery is not charging on Surface Laptop 2: Is this a hardware or software issue? Icon shows: 0% available plugged in White light is glowing on battery charger. Laptop loses power when unplugged No previous build available in recovery options Performed clean Windows 10 install Issue not resolved powercfg...