Windows 10: Battery won't charge, Blinking orange battery icon.

Discus and support Battery won't charge, Blinking orange battery icon. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Battery won't charge. Blinking orange icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesStephens5, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Battery won't charge, Blinking orange battery icon.

Battery won't charge. Blinking orange icon.

:)

JamesStephens5, Mar 2, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery won't charge,  Blinking orange battery icon. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Battery light is blinking orange

Hi Alexandra,

A blinking orange light usually means the battery is below 10%. Take note though that the meaning of a blinking orange light may differ based on the make and model of your device. We do recommend that you follow the suggestion in the previous post to contact
    your device manufacturer for additional support.

Feel free to reach out to us for any further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Mar 2, 2020
  4. baskhara Win User

Battery won't charge, Blinking orange battery icon.

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Battery won't charge, Blinking orange battery icon.

1. Battery won't charge, Blinking orange battery icon. - Similar Threads - Battery won't charge

2. Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange: Hi there, hello!I have the following problem: My Laptop tells me the battery is fully charged 100%, but the indicator light is blinking orange, as if the battery was very low. The laptop is plugged in the whole time. As soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop immediately...
  3. Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange: Hi there, hello!I have the following problem: My Laptop tells me the battery is fully charged 100%, but the indicator light is blinking orange, as if the battery was very low. The laptop is plugged in the whole time. As soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop immediately...
  4. my battery light is blinking and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery light is blinking and not charging: my battery light is blinking and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-light-is-blinking-and-not-charging/6eb63a7e-0fe2-41ca-bd7c-4d209d1f361e
  5. my battery light is blinking and not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my battery light is blinking and not charging: my battery light is blinking and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-light-is-blinking-and-not-charging/6eb63a7e-0fe2-41ca-bd7c-4d209d1f361e
  6. Battery Charge Icon

Battery Charge Icon: The Battery Icon on my Windows 10 laptop keeps disappearing. I've not been able to fix it so resort to disabling and re-enabling "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in Device Manager which seems to fix it temporarily.Anyone know if there is a way of doing this...
  7. Battery Charge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Charge Icon: The Battery Icon on my Windows 10 laptop keeps disappearing. I've not been able to fix it so resort to disabling and re-enabling "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in Device Manager which seems to fix it temporarily.Anyone know if there is a way of doing this...
  8. Battery Charge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Battery fully charged but orange LED is blinking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery fully charged but orange LED is blinking: My Dell M4800 battery fully charged but the orange LED is blinking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-fully-charged-but-orange-led-is-blinking/94ba2e16-74e1-4088-a47b-590a7a2f6720
  10. Battery won't charge.

Battery won't charge.: I have a Satellite P55t laptop and upgraded to Windows 10. After a few months the battery will not charge. It says 0% available (plugged in, charging). Did anybody experience the same problem & was able to solve it....