Windows 10: Battery wont charge

Discus and support Battery wont charge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My battery wont charge for some reason even when it plug into the mains. Any idea what to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by philomena mcmahon, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Battery wont charge

My battery wont charge for some reason even when it plug into the mains.

Any idea what to do?

:)

philomena mcmahon, Dec 6, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery wont charge pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 6, 2019
  4. tom33 Win User

Battery wont charge

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

its slowly charging*Biggrin

Battery wont charge [​IMG]

tom33, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Battery wont charge

1. Battery wont charge - Similar Threads - Battery wont charge

2. Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!: Battery won't charge on my surface pro. Have just updated to Windows 11. Computer works when the charger is plugged in and battery shows a lightning bolt on the icon. However, it won't go above 0% and turns off as soon as I unplug the charger.Error showing in Device Manager...
  3. Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery wont charge on SurfacePro. HELP!: Battery won't charge on my surface pro. Have just updated to Windows 11. Computer works when the charger is plugged in and battery shows a lightning bolt on the icon. However, it won't go above 0% and turns off as soon as I unplug the charger.Error showing in Device Manager...
  4. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  5. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  6. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My battery wont charge pass 50%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My battery wont charge pass 50%: My battery wont charge pass 50% a surface https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-wont-charge-pass-50/833fe95b-d247-4ba7-8210-420e15f086b8
  8. Why wont my battery charge?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why wont my battery charge?: Why won't my battery charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-battery-charge/c7fef960-95c3-41f9-9c45-dd701a0cd0a4
  9. Battery wont charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery wont charge: My battery wont hold any charge can someone help with this I have tried everything from checking cables and the obvious Trouble shooter says nothing is wrong I have windows 10 updates that wont update as well...
  10. Battery wont charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery wont charge: I have a HP ProBook 4520s, it started with windows 7, i upgraded to windows 10 when microsoft was offering a free beta version. no problem till april of 2018 then it stopped charging the battery. Purchased new charger and battery still will not charge the battery....