Windows 10: battery

Discus and support battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop, it is plugged in but it is not charging. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johnnynovember49, Nov 8, 2018.

1. battery

I have a Lenovo laptop, it is plugged in but it is not charging. How do I fix this?

:)

johnnynovember49, Nov 8, 2018

2. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 8, 2018
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Nov 8, 2018
  4. battery

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

battery

1. battery - Similar Threads - battery

2. Battery plugged in,not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery plugged in,not charging: Hello,I yesterdday installed an update on my laptop and then when I plugged it in for charging it showed me 'Plugged in,not charging'.It is currently at 2% and turns off the moment I unplug it.I have tried the solution of taking the battery out and uninstalling the battery...
  3. Windows 10 Battery with Yellow Triangle Warning Symbol on new laptop

Windows 10 Battery with Yellow Triangle Warning Symbol on new laptop: Hi there, I searched here and elsewhere and found a few leads, but no answer that I could directly translate to what I am seeing here. Hope I haven't overlooked something. I see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on the battery symbol in the notification tray of...
  4. battery life indicator not shown in task bar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery life indicator not shown in task bar: battery life indicator not shown in task bar. but in settings the option is turned on. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-indicator-not-shown-in-task-bar/220b7e7d-c130-4ddb-a0d4-9d75aa4beefe
  5. Cannot add battery icon to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add battery icon to task bar: The battery icon is not being shown on the taskbar. I used settings to change , but it is on there and the icon is not yet appearing. Please help me out . My PC is hp Pavilion 14 ce....
  6. Battery Problem

Battery Problem: why is my laptop doesn't announce when it is battery low and it suddenly shutting down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-problem/b5d6d725-5f3f-4c2c-a71a-9d3564785c5b
  7. Laptop battery not charging

Laptop battery not charging: My charging light is flashing. I have cleaned everything and plugged into a different sauce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-not-charging/07956957-1800-4b6a-ae57-acf27c6b65ba
  8. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery not charging: Dear Sir/Madam, My laptop is plugged in as normal but is not charging and has the comment ' 9%plugged in not charging'. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/d029aeef-0fe7-4733-9d09-fcb46d9a992f
  9. Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1803 April Update disabled battery charging on Dell Inspiron 3542: I have had to remove the battery system driver every day for the past week...and restoring my laptop to a date in March in order to charge my battery...how can I stop this ridiculous update from installing again!!! Please fix it on your end...I've seen so many posts about it,...
  10. Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w

Battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w: Hi all I am facing a commonly reported problem battery not charging and message "Plugged in, not charging" in Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 8570w I have been searching on internet and I already have performed these but the problem persist: Shut down the laptop and unplug...