Windows 10: battery

Discus and support battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop, it is plugged in but it is not charging. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johnnynovember49, Nov 8, 2018.

1. johnnynovember49 Win User

battery

I have a Lenovo laptop, it is plugged in but it is not charging. How do I fix this?

:)

johnnynovember49, Nov 8, 2018
  2. thoughtdisorder Win User

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 8, 2018
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Slartybart Win User

battery

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

battery

1. battery - Similar Threads - battery

2. Battery vs Plugged In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery vs Plugged In: I keep getting Plugged In or On battery warnings on my screen, even though the laptop is plugged in, and there does not seem to be any way of getting it to stop, it just seems to come on randomly, an idea how to stop this...
  3. Regarding battery

Regarding battery: hi,my pc is unable to run on it's battery although it is running only when ac charger I plugged in and it shows "plugged in not charging"need help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-battery/dc3b7e0b-f97e-4e0b-bddd-bc6483780ae6
  4. Battery Won't Charge Completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Won't Charge Completely: I had a setting get changed on my Asus recently, and now my computer will only charge to 80%. I can't figure out how to undo the change in my battery settings, and I can't find any way to change the setting in BIOS. Any suggestions?...
  5. Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging

Power mode plugged in but battery is not charging: I am using HP Pavillion Notebook with windows 10 home basic OS installed on it. It is now showing that power mode is plugged in but battery is still not charging. It is also not starting without any power source plugged in....
  6. battery not charging while plugged in

battery not charging while plugged in: I'm at 89% but the light is still orange and the display reads "plugged in but not charging". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-while-plugged-in/24a9e307-0c27-46aa-bc9f-0fa864ad325c
  7. Battery Drains While Shutdown

Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  8. Battery Percentage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Percentage in Windows 10: Hi, I was wondering when Windows 10 would incorporate the option of having the battery in percentage rather than display a bar? I mean, the Fall Update included a percentage indicator to Bluetooth devices, but not to the actual laptop battery itself? I was wondering when...
  9. Please help me with this problem, computer battery is messed up

Please help me with this problem, computer battery is messed up: A couple nights ago, i dropped my laptop pretty hard on the floor, it is an hp pavilion x2 detatchable laptop. There were no scratches or anything and it seemed to be working fine. Then i tried to use it yesterday and today, and it would not turn on. It eould only turn on...
  10. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: My HP Envy Notebook is plugged in but not charging,. It's at 70% available, which goes down each time I use it. What is going on and what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/80448dbf-4f87-4d2f-8e99-7ebdbc79cfbe"