Windows 10: Battery

Discus and support Battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is not detecting battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery/148f9c69-9119-4fdd-84f9-f6b57ceff86f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by melissasuchy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Battery

My laptop is not detecting battery

:)

melissasuchy, Sep 30, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Battery

Battery

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your battery issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and update drivers in Windows 10 by following the troubleshooting steps provided by Eeshwar Kumar on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Battery

1. Battery - Similar Threads - Battery

2. Prevent Cpu throttle on Battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent Cpu throttle on Battery: Hello, I recently upgraded my Laptop by adding an SSD with windows 10 pro. Now I noticed the computer throttles the cpu frequency whenever I'm on battery even on high performance profile. (In task manager I can see cpu frequency instantly dropping from 2.3-2.5 to 1.2 GHz as...
  3. Battery seems to be going bad in a 3 month old computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery seems to be going bad in a 3 month old computer: I purchased an MSI PS63 from Microsoft sometime early July this summer. I use it for gaming as well as for school. Besides constant battery issues, I love the computer. When I am gaming, I obviously don't expect the battery to give me much more battery than an hour, so I just...
  4. Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?: Hi, One of the change-logs for Windows 10 1909 talks about improvements in general battery life and power efficiency for devices with certain processors & introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores. I cannot...
  5. Battery percentage icon missing from brand new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery percentage icon missing from brand new Surface Pro: Hi there, I have gone to settings/personalisation/taskbar and cannot find the batter/power under "select which icons appear on taskbar", and when I look under "turn system icons on or off", then the power icon is greyed out. When I go to device manager, there is no...
  6. How to Lower Battery Charge Threshold to under 100%?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Lower Battery Charge Threshold to under 100%?: When Lenovo Vantage came up on my screen I checked it out and found that it is not a scam but a good thing. The review itself, ingiving an example of Vantage's benefits, said that for those who use their laptops almost all of the time plugged in, its better to reduce the...
  7. Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery.

Laptop Generic freeze only while running on battery.: Hi there, I always keep my windows updated with the latest updates. ( Windows 10 1903 ). For the past 2 to 3 weeks , my laptop pauses in between a couple of seconds and then comes back to normal. ONLY WHILE RUNNING ON BATTERY. ESPECIALLY WHILE WATCHING VIDEOS OR PLAYING...
  8. battery not charging on Lenovo laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery not charging on Lenovo laptop Windows 10: Where do we go for help to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-on-lenovo-laptop-windows-10/42c65b5b-34b9-4172-9604-66e63014eb2d
  9. Asus battery health charging not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus battery health charging not working: Dear All, I purchased Asus E203MAH in Oct 2019 and installed asus battery health charging utility. It was installed and it worked to show three mode, but problem is even if I set it at 'balanced' mode to charge up to 80% it goes upto 100. Even the same happens for 'Best'...
  10. my battery shows 75% but if i disconnect the charger the computer goes off,no battery light too

my battery shows 75% but if i disconnect the charger the computer goes off,no battery light too: my battery shows 75% but if I disconnect the charger the computer goes off,no battery light as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-shows-75-but-if-i-disconnect-the/594f8781-490b-4423-b890-17e87774666e