Windows 10: battery

Discus and support battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why dosnt my battery not charge past 80% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery/963eeee7-889e-4637-bb5a-517946d57dbf Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelKnourek, Sep 27, 2020.

1. battery

why dosnt my battery not charge past 80%

:)

MelKnourek, Sep 27, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 27, 2020
  4. battery

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

battery

1. battery - Similar Threads - battery

2. Battery goes 255% and then 0% available plug in after windows 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery goes 255% and then 0% available plug in after windows 1903: Hi, I just had a battery problem after updating to version 1903. Initially my battery was 255% and after doing some steps to solve it like: 1. Perform troubleshoot on the power section 2. Do reinstall the battery driver 3. Some changes to the power plan I find that my...
  3. Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile?: My laptop came with just the 'Balanced' power profile, and I wonder if the battery slider works independently of those? If not, do I just set up a power saving and performance profile? Thanks submitted by /u/Gerstlauer [link] [comments]...
  4. laptop getting lock, battery not detected error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    laptop getting lock, battery not detected error: I have updated windows, after updation i face problem like automatic lappy lock and battery not detected issue. please suggest solutions for both error. thanking you...
  5. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  6. Battery & Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery & Power: Hello, So when my laptop battery is low and turns blank, and I charge it before it completely shuts down, the Screen will still remain blank but it's still on....the screen won't come back on even though it's charging...I will have to shut it down with the power button and...
  7. Acer Nitro 5 suddenly locks screen even plugged in / shuts down if there is no battery.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Nitro 5 suddenly locks screen even plugged in / shuts down if there is no battery.: Hi My laptop Acer Nitro 5 suddenly has a problem that made me think a lot which is really the problem. - My laptop isn't going up just staying at 0% with my AC plugged in then suddenly it just warns me that my battery is running out pls plug in after that it locks my laptop...
  8. New surface gets Hot and consumes battery fast on video call Zoom, Microsoft team or Meet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New surface gets Hot and consumes battery fast on video call Zoom, Microsoft team or Meet: Hello My Microsoft Surface with 16 GB memory gets hot and consumes more battery only on Video calls using the zoom, Microsoft team, or even Meet. Any reason??...
  9. New surface gets Hot and consumes battery fast on video call Zoom, Microsoft team or Meet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New surface gets Hot and consumes battery fast on video call Zoom, Microsoft team or Meet: Hello My Microsoft Surface with 16 GB memory gets hot and consumes more battery only on Video calls using the zoom, Microsoft team, or even Meet. Any reason??...
  10. Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago: I am getting below values for a new laptop charged 2-3 times in last 4 days. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Why am I getting these values for a new laptop. Is it normal or Windows 10 fault. Also some times battery notification it shows 89% - 4 hrs and then 82% -2 hours. I...