Windows 10: BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !

Discus and support BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My daughter run the batteryreport on her graphic tablet (windows 10). The result: 25k cycles, 50% remaining capacity - after 9 months. Now the battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rotzibr, Jan 28, 2020.

1. rotzibr Win User

BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !

My daughter run the batteryreport on her graphic tablet (windows 10). The result: 25k cycles, 50% remaining capacity - after 9 months. Now the battery has swollen. How is this possible ? This would make at least 4 cycles/h (if running 24h/day). What could be the source of the problem? The first battery had 55k cycles in less than 18 months and the battery replacement was made by the customer support of the tablet manufacturer.

:)

rotzibr, Jan 28, 2020
  2. rotzibr Win User

My daughter run the batteryreport on her graphic tablet (windows 10). The result: 25k cycles, 50% remaining capacity - after 9 months. Now the battery has swollen. How is this possible ? This would make at least 4 cycles/h (if running 24h/day). What could be the source of the problem? The first battery had 55k cycles in less than 18 months and the battery replacement was made by the customer support of the tablet manufacturer.

rotzibr, Jan 28, 2020
  3. rotzibr Win User

Dear joeandmarg0
    My daughter did run the batteryreport. Screenshots: Batterie - Google Drive
    As mentioned, the battery pack was replaced in march 2019. In the beginning it had 50 Wh capacity, specially in dec the full charge capacity dramatically dropped to 25 Wh. At the beginning it took 1h to charge from 20 to 80% and there were 4h autonomy from 80 to 20%.

- - - Updated - - -

Try3, Megahertz, hsehestedt
    Thank you for this information. I will forward it to the customer service (not copy/paste - I hope you do not object to this).

rotzibr, Jan 28, 2020
  4. rotzibr Win User

Dear joeandmarg0,
    I guess, to protect the battery you need a current limit when charging, one upper tension limit to avoid overcharging and a lower tension limit to avoid strong discharges. And this should be preferably built-in in the PC / tablet. The upper tension limit could be in the charger as well.
    What did surprise me when I looked at the BatteryReport: After the decline of the full capacity the relative capacity was adapted - if you try to avoid a discharge below 10% you are then at 5% ! And there were charges above 100% !
    The tablet will no longer be used. Lets hope there will be an answer of the client service soon.

rotzibr, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months ! - Similar Threads - BatteryReport 25k charging

2. Monthly $9.99 charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monthly $9.99 charge: I am being charged $9.99 per month. I called months ago to cancel. I got a refund of $9.99 but it was never cancelled. I would like this cancelled immediately and a refund for the last few months....
  3. Monthly $9.99 charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monthly $9.99 charge: I am being charged $9.99 per month. I called months ago to cancel. I got a refund of $9.99 but it was never cancelled. I would like this cancelled immediately and a refund for the last few months....
  4. Monthly $9.99 charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408

powercfg /batteryreport error 0x408: I enable the services checked and clean the registry, but nothing happened.What I do Now?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powercfg-batteryreport-error-0x408/55f2b0e6-7f58-4a15-a8b2-7fe464ecc760
  6. What is this 24-month life cycle, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this 24-month life cycle, please?: I'm having a difficult time parsing this sentence from today's blog:https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/10/04/how-to-get-windows-11/"Oct. 4, 2021 also marks the start of the 24-month lifecycle for the Home and Pro editions of Windows 11."Am I missing something?...
  7. What is this 24-month life cycle, please?

What is this 24-month life cycle, please?: I'm having a difficult time parsing this sentence from today's blog:https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/10/04/how-to-get-windows-11/"Oct. 4, 2021 also marks the start of the 24-month lifecycle for the Home and Pro editions of Windows 11."Am I missing something?...
  8. monthly charges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    monthly charges: each month since january 2021 my personal account has been charge 16.23. what is this charge for. I need it stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/monthly-charges/b470ec6c-fafc-42c6-9509-e4769600eafc
  9. powercfg //batteryreport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    powercfg //batteryreport: i cant check my batery health on both windows powershell and command prompt both using admin when i type powercfg /battery report it says you do not have the permissions to perform this action .what can i do...
  10. BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !

in Windows 10 Support
    BatteryReport: 25k charging cycles in 9 months !: My daughter run the batteryreport on her graphic tablet (windows 10). The result: 25k cycles, 50% remaining capacity - after 9 months. Now the battery has swollen. How is this possible ? This would make at least 4 cycles/h (if running 24h/day). What could be the source of the...