Windows 10: Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall

Discus and support Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to launch Battle.net App to play StarCraft II, The program tries to "Download new files" and half way through, it fails. Ive tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by varxtis, Sep 26, 2019.

1. varxtis Win User

Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall

When I try to launch Battle.net App to play StarCraft II, The program tries to "Download new files" and half way through, it fails. Ive tried to uninstall the program, but I can't even do that. No matter what I try, I can uninstall/delet Battle.net/Blizzard app.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Ive followed the following steps provided on a forum thread posted by Blizzard support, and then some from another user:

Blizzard: "We offer a guide to uninstall the Blizzard app located Here. Note: If you are receiving a Blizzard error when you attempt to uninstall the program via the control panel, this could mean the folder was already deleted but not removed from Program and Features. You can manually check by searching the default location of where the program is installed which is: C:\Program Files(x86)\ Look for Battle.net at this location. If you do not see it and you don't believe it was installed elsewhere then you should be golden to consider it uninstalled.

You may also try making sure the cache files are removed:
    Press (Windows key + R) Type in: %Programdata% Delete any folder named: Battle.net, Blizzard, or Blizzard Entertainment. Do the same for %Appdata% and %localAppdata%"

======
    Another User: "
    1. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
    2. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
    3. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%"

:)

varxtis, Sep 26, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

When I try to launch Battle.net App to play StarCraft II, The program tries to "Download new files" and half way through, it fails. Ive tried to uninstall the program, but I can't even do that. No matter what I try, I can uninstall/delet Battle.net/Blizzard app.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Ive followed the following steps provided on a forum thread posted by Blizzard support, and then some from another user:

Blizzard: "We offer a guide to uninstall the Blizzard app located Here. Note: If you are receiving a Blizzard error when you attempt to uninstall the program via the control panel, this could mean the folder was already deleted but not removed from Program and Features. You can manually check by searching the default location of where the program is installed which is: C:\Program Files(x86)\ Look for Battle.net at this location. If you do not see it and you don't believe it was installed elsewhere then you should be golden to consider it uninstalled.

You may also try making sure the cache files are removed:
    Press (Windows key + R) Type in: %Programdata% Delete any folder named: Battle.net, Blizzard, or Blizzard Entertainment. Do the same for %Appdata% and %localAppdata%"

======
    Another User: "
    1. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
    2. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
    3. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%"

varxtis, Sep 26, 2019
  3. varxtis Win User

I hadn't even thought of that!! I'll try it!
    But where can I find the locations of all the Battle.net/Blizzard related files if the uninstall won't work in Safe Mode?

varxtis, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall

(0xc0000142) || (c:\\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll

• Are you having the same issue with other program or apps? no only this program, not happend once before.

• Are you having issues when launching just the Far Cry? Or is it the same when launching it with Battle net? just with Far Cry, i don't have Battle net installed.(if you are meaning Blizzards battle net)

check latest patch for steam and game, they are up to date.

tried installing with a new user, same issue.

(Far Cry is a Ubisoft program run game. bought trough steam.)

Morten Risnes, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall - Similar Threads - Battle net Blizzard

2. mw3 season 3 I Get all of these errors on battle net

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mw3 season 3 I Get all of these errors on battle net: errors 0x00001338 11960 N 0xC0000374 11960 N 0xC0000374 0 N 0x8007000E 0x00000000 6065D 0xc00000050 N these are the errors to date I've deleted everything refomated my ssd reinstalled everything one at a time updated everything checked all hardware nothing works...
  3. Dance Battle

Dance Battle: Ok, Listen up. A woman smashed my new laptop which i intended to use to run the sound system in my new motorhome via bluetooth conection. Another woman gave me a second hand laptop that has every single feature on it that you will ever need to send a space ship somewhere and...
  4. battling with explorer

battling with explorer: Explorer hangs and not responding for a while now. When I browse to my files it will take some time to skip pages and sometimes it will not respond. I hope that it is not so serious but I want it to resolve...
  5. If it's possible to uninstall net framework update without uninstalling net framework?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If it's possible to uninstall net framework update without uninstalling net framework?: The latest update, November 10, 2020-KB4580980 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 , version 1903, Windows Server, version 1903, Windows 10 , version 1909, and Windows Server, version 1909 Is causing the game i play to constantly crash...
  6. Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall

Battle.net (Blizzard) Wont run or uninstall: When I try to launch Battle.net App to play StarCraft II, The program tries to "Download new files" and half way through, it fails. Ive tried to uninstall the program, but I can't even do that. No matter what I try, I can uninstall/delet Battle.net/Blizzard app. Does anyone...
  7. Blizzard Security Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blizzard Security Code: Does anyone know where and how to get this code. Yes I have started a ticket with Blizzard about it. I just don`t see where or how to get the security code. I got 2 different emails saying such and such tried to use my email address to login, but it was not my battle tag,...
  8. crashing blizzard games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing blizzard games: I had no problem with my blizzard games until i updated my wifi driver, and got the latest update from blizzard with battle of azeroth. now, my internet browser is crashing. and so are my blizzard games. i've contacted blizzard, and the problem lies with the januarary...
  9. Unable to connect to Battle Net services, Blizzard cannot help after about 30 messages over...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to Battle Net services, Blizzard cannot help after about 30 messages over...: I cannot get Blizzards Battle Net application to allow me to connect online. I have followed all of their steps in trying to fix this including uninstalling anti-virus, VPN software, resetting my network options through every conceivable avenue and nothing has changed at all....
  10. plz help fortnite battle royal wont download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    plz help fortnite battle royal wont download: i finished building my new pc a week ago i want to download and play fortnite battle royal but when i try to download it i get a message that reads ''This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer...