Windows 10: Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem

Discus and support Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My kids usually inherit components following my PC upgrades. One of them has my old Inno 3D GTX680. This is still a decent card and he plays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GregH, Nov 23, 2016.

1. GregH Win User

Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem

My kids usually inherit components following my PC upgrades. One of them has my old Inno 3D GTX680. This is still a decent card and he plays Battlefield 1 at high settings and it looks and performs just as well as my other kids GTX780 Ti (also a hand down).

Problem is that there is apparently a well known 'bug' with the GTX680 and Battlefield 1 as evidenced by a Google search. The game randomly crashes with the message box: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXG!_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680", Driver 37563. The game can sometimes play for an hour or so before it crashes.

I have updated the driver, reduced in game graphics settings, checked cooling and even lowered the default clock and memory speeds as suggested on the web but these crashes continue and it seems that this is common with owners of GTX680 cards and this game. His birthday coming up, he is pleading for a new graphics card as he and his brother love this game. So I am looking at the GTX1060 which is as I understand it about 50% faster than the GTX680 but it is not cheap!

Before I commit to this as his birthday present, any ideas on how to fix this annoying issue as it seems neither Nvidia or the makers of Battlefield 1 are in any rush to fix this well known and reported issue, assuming they will address it at all.

:)

GregH, Nov 23, 2016
  2. Z43B Win User

Computer Crashing

This happened with Battlefield 1 while in-game; Conley dies not crash outside of gaming.

3. Temugen Win User
    My pc crashed while i was playing battlefield 1 and it is not the first time it crashed but only this time audio is not working

My pc crashed while i was playing battlefield 1 and it is not the first time it crashed but only this time audio is not working

Temugen, Nov 23, 2016
  4. Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem

The Direct X errors in BF1 are not exclusive to the 680 cards although they do seem to be more prevalent in 680's and 770's. With my Pascal card (EVGA FTW 1080) I was getting a Direct X function error in DX12, never in DX11. After the fall BF1 patch released by Dice, which they claim addresses some DX issues (see below), I haven't had DX errors in DX11 or DX12.

Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem [​IMG]

Battlefield 1 Fall Update Notes 11152016 — Battlefield Forums

But there are no guarantees you won't experience the problem with a Pascal card and there is little you can do about it. It has to be resolved by Nvidia and Dice and they are aware of the problem.

But if your sons are making the argument that issues with the latest architecture (Pascal) are less likely and this is where Nvidia with drivers and even Dice with patches would focus their attention first, then I would say you have smart kids making a compelling birthday arguement *Smile.

specialkone, Nov 23, 2016
  5. GregH Win User
    Great thanks for the info. One consolation is that it is Black Friday and there are a few good deals on the go with the local online PC guys. Will be so disappointing if the new card is affected by this issue with BF1. The one I am looking to get because of the Black Friday deal is the MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X Twin Frozr VI OC Edition 6GB. Still one heck of an expensive birthday present with Xmas also around the corner!

GregH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem

1. Battlefield 1 and GTX680 crashing problem - Similar Threads - Battlefield GTX680 crashing

2. Multiplayer Battlefield 1 Game Crashes with the "Windows Application Error Event 1000"‎ in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiplayer Battlefield 1 Game Crashes with the "Windows Application Error Event 1000"‎ in...: Hello. I am trying to play Multiplayer Battlefield 1 Game but sometimes in 5 sometimes in 10 game always crashes back to desktop without any error except "Windows Application Error Event 1000" I have tried many other multiplayer games and never had the same issue. Also i...
  3. BSOD Playing Battlefield 1, several codes

BSOD Playing Battlefield 1, several codes: As the title states, I have received several BSOD codes while playing battlefield one. These codes and crashes ONLY occur while playing battlefield one. I have tried a malware scan, anti-virus scan, sfc check, mem check, and updated my windows to the newest version. I have...
  4. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1: I ordered these games for Xbox one. I had toyed with downloading through the store but baulked when I saw they would be 50 gig approx each downloads. So I've ordered physical copies through Amazon instead. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Xbox and wondered what will happen when I...
  5. Battlefield 1 Edition Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 1 Edition Question: I am planning to purchase Battlefield 1 today, but I had a question on the Editions. Is there any benefit to the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions for someone who will likely spend most or all of the time playing the Single Player campaign? 67556
  6. Battlefield 1 Open Beta is On!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 1 Open Beta is On!: Battlefield 1 Open Beta is now on and it's awesome! If you signed up to be a BF1 Insider, check your email for redeem code and get into the battle! [img] 62145
  7. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Screen freeze during game play. WHEA has come up twice. Four or five freezes without the BSOD where I had to force quit and reboot. I can run whicher 3 and FFXIV without any problems. Not sure about fps before crashes. GPU running at about 80 max during game play. I have...
  8. BSOD playing Battlefield 1

BSOD playing Battlefield 1: I've never had an issue with system crashes, or playing the new battlefield 1 beta, but after a few hours I got a BSOD with Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I looked online, ran a few scans, and updated some software, but in the middle of that process I got another BSOD...
  9. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello there. I have browsed a little bit through the forums and observed I am not the only one with this issue. The PC usually crashes an hour into playing Battlefield 1. This is what I have tried so far: - Updated BIOS and drivers through ASUS EZ Update - Running the...
  10. BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD playing Battlefield 1. Whea_uncorrectable_error: So I've been playing BF1 for the last 3 days and at least once a day a BSOD happens. I want to know if it has anything to do with the latest Nvidia driver (372.70) which I installed after the first day I played the game. and what can I do to solve this issue. It happens...