Windows 10: Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I start Battlefield 2 on my laptop, the screen goes black and crashes back to desktop ( doesn't even reach the point where it says 'EA Games'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Faizel Ibrahim, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home

Whenever I start Battlefield 2 on my laptop, the screen goes black and crashes back to desktop ( doesn't even reach the point where it says 'EA Games'. Please help me to fix and play, just to get the offline part working. I'm not bothered about going online.

I started the game without the patches - doesn't work.

I installed the patches ( 1.41 and 1.50 ) and tried again - doesn't work.

I deleted the BF2 files in 'Documents' - doesn't work.

I reset the screen resolution in the Video.con from 800x600GHz to 1366x768GHz (My recommended screen resolution) - still doesn't work.

I tried running it on compatibility mode for windows 7, XP , Vista and ran as administrator - still doesn't work!!!

I tried running the game on window mode and it gives the "Debug assertion failed" BF2 error.

I have tried every possible fix and nothing has worked.

Specifications of my Laptop:

HP Notebook 15.6"
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Cores: 2
    RAM: 8 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows Specifications:

Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language
    Version: 1709
    OS Build: 16299.125

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

:)

Faizel Ibrahim, Feb 3, 2019

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home

1. Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Battlefield black screen

2. Windows 10, Black screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Black screen in desktop: Hi friends, Suddenly, the black screen appeared in my desktop screen. During that time, internet is connected in desktop from my smart phone and my son, he is downloading a game it seems. Initially, a white curser appeared without blinking but after restart its not...
  3. Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10

Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10: When I try to start the games I get an error message that the game is not compatible with Windows 10. This game was released using Windows 95. I've tried using the compatibility settings but that doesn't help. Can this game be played in Windows 10? How do I set up the game...
  4. Windows 10 black screen - no desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen - no desktop: I recently installed Windows 10 retail on a new Asus Hero vII. Everything worked well for a while and I was able to install software. Now, I suddenly get a black screen on startup. I type in my Pin and I see my usual desktop background photo, but there are no icons. Also,...
  5. Battlefield 2 not connecting to LAN multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 2 not connecting to LAN multiplayer: I have a legit old copies of BF2. While the game works on Windows 7 and 8 including local multiplayer, but on Windows 10, I tried to join to other PC with the same game version, BF2 shuts itself down. However hosting the game seems working without problems and other PCs can...
  6. Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen

Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen: Okay, I'm at a total loss here. I have looked everywhere, Google, this forum, everywhere, and I cannot fin the answer. I've tried RegEdit, EoA, Personalization, Iris control panel, and NVIDIA control panel. The entire 9 yards, and probably 9 more. MY DESKTOP WILL NOT...
  7. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1: I ordered these games for Xbox one. I had toyed with downloading through the store but baulked when I saw they would be 50 gig approx each downloads. So I've ordered physical copies through Amazon instead. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Xbox and wondered what will happen when I...
  8. Crashing during Splash screen for Battlefield Hardline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing during Splash screen for Battlefield Hardline: Hello, I am running Battlefield Hardline on my high end computer. The problem is that I get random crashes on the splash screen of the game either at the beginning of a game or when transitioning between games. It is random. I have no idea what causes this and any help...
  9. Battlefield bad company 2 crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield bad company 2 crash to desktop: I have windows 10 64bit. Last days played the game without a problem. Now i tried to play tried 3-4 times and in each time after X minutes of playing the game is freezing for 1-3 seconds and crash to desktop without any message. It happend before with windows 10. And...
  10. Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield bad company 2 worked on windows 10 but now the game crash: I had windows 8.1 pro and I upgraded to windows 10. I had battlefield bad company 2 installed and working fine. Now yesterday I decided to install a new clean window 10. After that I installed the game battlefield bad company 2 again. Since then the game is not working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix black screen Battlefield 2

2. battlefield 2 windows 10 crash

3. battlefield 2 lan crash fix Windows 10

4. battlefield 2 black screen crash,
  5. bf2 black screen,
  6. battlefield 2 upgrade crash to desktop,
  7. battlefield 2 crash on startup,
  8. bf2 resolution fix,
  9. bf2 crashes on windows 10,
  10. windows 8 BF2 black screen,
  11. bf2 win 10 start blackscreen crash,