Windows 10: Battlefield 4 won't launch

Discus and support Battlefield 4 won't launch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently installed Battlefield 4 and am currently using Windows 10 build 10074. I have my OS on my C drive and my games installed on the D drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ColdByte, May 5, 2015.

1. ColdByte Win User

Battlefield 4 won't launch

Recently installed Battlefield 4 and am currently using Windows 10 build 10074. I have my OS on my C drive and my games installed on the D drive. Whenever I attempt to launch a game through battlelog (tried using Chrome and IE) it gives me the following error "Invalid license. Reason code=Missing DLL: [MSVCP110.dll] Error. 0x7E

I've checked the Battlefield 4 forums and attempted their fix which was to go to my game file on the D drive open the _Installer folder, select vc folder, then vc2012update3 folder, redist folder, and running both vcredist_x64 and x86 (tried it as and administrator as well) with no success. Has anyone else had this error, or know of a way to fix it? I've also run the repair tool that Orgin uses and no luck.

Thanks!

:)

ColdByte, May 5, 2015
  2. ken_928 Win User

I can't start my game

ive downloaded battlefield on my Xbox but when I try to launch it, the screen turns grey for awhile and kicks me back to the home screen. I tried doing the 3 options to help fix my problem but even like that it won't start. What should I do??

ken_928, May 5, 2015
  3. AlanG_79 Win User
    DirectX Failing to launch

So all my drivers are up to date, Geforce is current and dxdiag says I have no problems and I have directX12. But when I launch a game like Sniper Elite 4 or Battlefield 1 it says DirectX failed to initialize. Any advice?

AlanG_79, May 5, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Did you install yesterday's update? I could not play any game except MW3 until the updates were pushed. Welcome to the forum BTW:*Smile

Gary, May 5, 2015
  5. ColdByte Win User
    Thanks for the welcome Gary, yep I've installed KB3062095 and just did another check to see if any other updates were pushed (I'm on fast ring) and nothing came up. Seems like BF4 is the only one I'm having issues with. Advanced Warfare/Titanfall/GTA V are running without any problems..well other than my stellar K/D of .87...ugh

ColdByte, May 5, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Maybe you should have your games on the same drive as Windows?

Gary, May 5, 2015
  7. ColdByte Win User
    If that's what I end up doing to play I'm good with it, it's just curious that all my other games that are installed on my D drive work without issue, yet BF 4 insists on not playing nice.

ColdByte, May 5, 2015
  8. Williams Win User

1) Logout origin and exit the application
    2) run it again and login again.
    3) Try to launch the bf4 game
    4) if not worked, choose repair the game. Maybe some files were missing and needs to be downloaded again from Origin servers.

Finally if repairing the game also dont work, maybe you must run your games from the same drive and not from a different one. I have tried to install BF4 in different HDD and I couldnt launch the game. This happened only with bf4.

jisr7

Williams, May 5, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    I have BF4 installed on my D: drive (as well as all of my other games) and have never had an issues with it. I think step 4 that jisr7 posted is your best bet.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Battlefield 4 won't launch - Similar Threads - Battlefield won't launch

2. Battlefield 5 crashing after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 5 crashing after launch: Hi, Help please- I'm out of answers for this persistent issue. Upon trying to launch Battlefield 5 on my PC through the EA app, it goes to the loading screen, then to a black screen with the logo, then back to windows. The menu music plays during this time as it usually...
  3. Battlefield 5 crashing after launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battlefield 5 crashing after launch: Hi, Help please- I'm out of answers for this persistent issue. Upon trying to launch Battlefield 5 on my PC through the EA app, it goes to the loading screen, then to a black screen with the logo, then back to windows. The menu music plays during this time as it usually...
  4. 0xc000007b Error for Battlefield 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0xc000007b Error for Battlefield 4: Hello all, I have recently encountered the 0xc000007b error while attempting to boot up Battlefield 4 on my pc. The game originally worked perfectly fine on my computer until I made the mistake of deleting and uninstalling files from my computer to make space on my drive. I...
  5. 0xc000007b Error for Battlefield 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000007b Error for Battlefield 4: Hello all, I have recently encountered the 0xc000007b error while attempting to boot up Battlefield 4 on my pc. The game originally worked perfectly fine on my computer until I made the mistake of deleting and uninstalling files from my computer to make space on my drive. I...
  6. 0xc000007b Error for Battlefield 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. battlefield 4 no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battlefield 4 no audio: ive tried everything i found on the web. so on battlefield 4 i have audio if i don't install the dlc's map pack but when install them i lose all audio like everything then i have to uninstall the whole game and reinstall just the game. anybody have any ideas of fixing it, i...
  8. Expression Web 4 won't launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Expression Web 4 won't launch: I was using Expressions Web 4 yesterday, today when I try to launch it the splash screen comes up, then drops away but the program never launches. I un-installed it and then re-installed it. Same issue. If I try to "run as administrator" the program comes up. But it is a...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 won't launch: It ran great until I bought the Ultimate Add-Ons bundle, now it simply crashes after showing the splash screen for 30 seconds. From the event viewer: The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 won't launch: I've tried closing all apps like CAM, uninstalled MSI Afterburner and RTSS. The game just won't launch at all. The splash screen stays for 3-4 minutes and then just closes. I reinstalled the game 3 times, reset it. Used microsoft troubleshoot for windows store apps. None of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. origin wont launch windows 10 1809