Windows 10: Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue

Discus and support Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Battlefront II game in Steam will not open. I have been in contact with Steam and EA and they both tell me it must be a problem with my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noah S1, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Noah S1 Win User

Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue

My Battlefront II game in Steam will not open. I have been in contact with Steam and EA and they both tell me it must be a problem with my Windows system, and so they have directed me here. I have one specific game that, when I click "Play" in Steam, it will not open. This is a game that is connected to my Origin account because it's an EA game. So I click "Play" on the game in Steam where I bought it from, and then it opens my Origin app, but never opens the game. It looks as if it's going to open, but then nothing happens. I do not get an error message.It was working perfectly fine for 2 d

:)

Noah S1, Jun 27, 2022

2. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issues with Steam and Mozilla Firefox.

Hi Dsheemstra,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party applications.

2. Programs are corrupt.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and then check if you can open Windows Update. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing
    the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to
    the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install Mozilla Firefox and Steam. Check if it helps.

Repair apps and programs in Windows

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue - Similar Threads - Battlefront Steam opening

2. Star wars battlefront 2 Not launching from steam windows 11 maybe the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star wars battlefront 2 Not launching from steam windows 11 maybe the issue: Hi There I recently bought Star wars battlefront 2 2017 on steam. I have contacted both ea and steam and they say it appears to be a windows issue with windows 11 . The issue is that when I click play on star wars battlefront 2 nothing happens. I have my drivers updated,...
  3. Star wars battlefront 2 Not launching from steam windows 11 maybe the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Star wars battlefront 2 Not launching from steam windows 11 maybe the issue: Hi There I recently bought Star wars battlefront 2 2017 on steam. I have contacted both ea and steam and they say it appears to be a windows issue with windows 11 . The issue is that when I click play on star wars battlefront 2 nothing happens. I have my drivers updated,...
  4. Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue: My Battlefront II game in Steam will not open. I have been in contact with Steam and EA and they both tell me it must be a problem with my Windows system, and so they have directed me here. I have one specific game that, when I click "Play" in Steam, it will not open. This is...
  5. Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battlefront II in Steam not opening, Windows issue: My Battlefront II game in Steam will not open. I have been in contact with Steam and EA and they both tell me it must be a problem with my Windows system, and so they have directed me here. I have one specific game that, when I click "Play" in Steam, it will not open. This is...
  6. Fix Star Wars Battlefront II keeps crashing on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Star Wars Battlefront II keeps crashing on PC: [ATTACH]Many gamers have reported that Battlefront 2 starts and then crashes on their computer and they are not able to play the game. In this article, we are going to talk all about this specific problem and will give you some easy ways by which you can fix this issue. Why...
  7. Steam is not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam is not opening.: I am getting an error message after I try to open Steam. It is saying it can't find the program in my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steam-is-not-opening/a1e1e705-eda1-42ec-876a-cf211a429ba9
  8. Star Wars Battlefront II Open Beta Free Play Days For All Oct. 6-9

in Windows 10 News
    Star Wars Battlefront II Open Beta Free Play Days For All Oct. 6-9: 15QVQFndI7M We believe games are more fun with friends. Starting Friday, October 6 at 1:00 a.m. PDT to Monday, October 9 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, you can play online in any game you own with your friends for free during our Free Play Days For All weekend on Xbox One and Xbox...
  9. Star Wars Battlefront II Available for Digital Pre-Order Now

in Windows 10 News
    Star Wars Battlefront II Available for Digital Pre-Order Now: Kae-JjbLsgA [img] Prepare to return to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars Battlefront II, the explosive sequel to one of the most-played multiplayer shooters of the past year. The game’s exclusive reveal was earlier today at Star Wars Celebration where we all got...
  10. E3 2017: Star Wars Battlefront II November 17th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    E3 2017: Star Wars Battlefront II November 17th 2017: Z_Bgm3dhJM8 Sporting eye-popping visuals, cinema-rivaling action, and immersion-ratcheting authenticity, 2015’s Star Wars Battlefront allowed fans to live out some of their favorite sci-fi fantasies in a galaxy far, far away. Star Wars Battlefront II looks to not only...