Windows 10: BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7

Discus and support BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all Im having trouble downloading BBC iPlayer onto my Surface pro 10. Can anyone help me on this.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SherylCunningham, Aug 23, 2020.

1. BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7

Hi all Im having trouble downloading BBC iPlayer onto my Surface pro 10. Can anyone help me on this.

:)

SherylCunningham, Aug 23, 2020

2. Unable to connect to BBC iPlayer

*Original Title: Connecting to BBC iplayer

I cannot connect to BBC iplayer even though I have an UK ip address. Did not have the issue with windows 7, but now I have installed Windows 10, BBC tells me I am not in UK. I can connect to ITV iplayer with no problems. Had to downgrade back to Windows

Any suggestions, Microsoft could not help.

JohnBarnes9999, Aug 23, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    BBC iPlayer

Hi there

@cereberus.
    @ess1.

use a very nice app quite legal called get_iplayer.
    100% legal and will retrieve BBC iPlayer content without expiry dates. You have to be in UK (or UK VPN) for access to some BBC TV programmes and to get best quality Radio feeds.

get_iplayer Windows installation guide | get_iPlayer • Forums • Guides • Help

The best way to use it though is forget about any GUI.

Use it from the CLI --works also exactly the same on Linux.

for Radio type : get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=xxxxxxxxx
    for TV type: get_iplayer --subtitles --pid=xxxxxxxx

(I like subtitles as some of the British accents get a bit "Wonky" if they are from outside London !!!!!).

To get PID simply start the standard BBC Iplayer app

You'll see something like this

BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7 [​IMG]

Then the 8 alphanumeric number is the PID which is what you should use in the pid=parameter in the CLI.
    In the above example it's the number after episode/ in the url of the screenshot but should be easily identifiable.
    Expand the screenshot I've shown as the url probably isn't too clear on a lot of smaller monitors / tablets.Just click the image and use the + sign !!.

No need to logon ( i.e sign in) to the actual BBC Iplayer itself. Just use it to get the PID like I've shown above

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 23, 2020
  4. PDES Win User

BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7

BBC iplayer, ITV hub etc not installing on Surface pro.

I am I the process of setting up my Surface Pro 4. I have followed the links to the apps for BBC iplayer and ITV hub but when pressing the "get app" button, nothing happens. Its the same in the three browsers I have tried. can someone please let me know
    why I cannot download these apps? I have also not been able to find these apps in the Microsoft app store. Do they actually exist?

Thanks

Thema:

BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7

1. BBC iPlayer app on Surface pro 7 - Similar Threads - BBC iPlayer app

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  5. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  6. Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK: After buying a new Windows 10 laptop, I can not access BBC Iplayer as it thinks I am outside the UK. - My IP adress is in the UK and other devices on our broadband does not have this problem - I have allowed apps to access my location - My default location is London, UK -...
  7. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  8. bbc iPlayer downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bbc iPlayer downloads: hi i have a Lenovo ideapad 110 running windows 10 3 months ago I downloaded the BBC iPlayer download and it worked perfectly 3 weeks ago it stopped working when you download it says download failed and the program that are there will not play I have uninstalled it and cleared...
  9. Windows 10 opens multiple tabs when downloading BBC iPlayer

Windows 10 opens multiple tabs when downloading BBC iPlayer: I've have downloaded the BBC iPlayer app, but when I try to download a TV programme, I just get lots and lots of new tabs opening and I have to shut down my computer to close them. I have 100s of tabs within less than a minute. Please help me in very, very easy steps as I am...
  10. BBC iPlayer

BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iplayer on surface pro

2. microsoft store iplayer surface go