Windows 10: BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...

Discus and support BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ...and I'm not. However I use ExpressVPN and have done so successfully for a long time without connection problems. Just recently they have all thrown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rafikiphoto, Apr 5, 2019.

1. BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...

...and I'm not. However I use ExpressVPN and have done so successfully for a long time without connection problems. Just recently they have all thrown me out on the grounds content is not available in my location.

I have used ExpressVPN's IP address location and DNS leak tools, it (and other online IP locators) see me in UK and there is no leaking of actual location. ExpressVPN have been helpful and we have tried masses of things - clearing cookies and cache, different browsers (my default is FF latest ver), standalone VPN app and extensions, various ExpressVPN UK servers with no luck.

To be clear the channels are refusing me because of location not because they detect a VPN in use. It seems impossible but it happens with all the channels.

I am just wondering if anyone here has come across such a problem and how they fixed it?

:)

rafikiphoto, Apr 5, 2019

2. Mobizine's ( BBC & ITV )

How are you getting on with it now?

Any joy with the service?

There's a LOT of stuff on there,

(most of it MUCH better than the ITV/BBC! - lol)!

whatleydude, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to BBC iPlayer

*Original Title: Connecting to BBC iplayer

I cannot connect to BBC iplayer even though I have an UK ip address. Did not have the issue with windows 7, but now I have installed Windows 10, BBC tells me I am not in UK. I can connect to ITV iplayer with no problems. Had to downgrade back to Windows

Any suggestions, Microsoft could not help.

JohnBarnes9999, Apr 5, 2019
  4. BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...

Mobizine's ( BBC & ITV )

OK I have a problem...

Some time ago I downloaded an app from the BBC that sent the headlines to my handset and if I wanted to read the full story it connected direct to there WAP site. (
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4457508.stm )

It worked a treat and I was happy enough... Good app.

Well my problem started when I did the same with ITV (
    http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=4262
    ) ...

OK they both use flash but I want to be able to use the ITV service along side the BBC one.

Every time I go to the BBC down load section it says " select add Mobizine " but the phone says non are available.

Can I use both at the same time or do I have to choose which service I want to use ?

ricksvill---01, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK...

1. BBC, ITV, Channel 4 all tell me I am not in the UK... - Similar Threads - BBC ITV Channel

2. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...: The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual...
  3. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...: The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual...
  4. Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, BBC Iplayer thinks I am outside the UK: After buying a new Windows 10 laptop, I can not access BBC Iplayer as it thinks I am outside the UK. - My IP adress is in the UK and other devices on our broadband does not have this problem - I have allowed apps to access my location - My default location is London, UK -...
  5. MS telling me I am not connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS telling me I am not connected to the internet.: I use a VPN on this machine. Whenever I want to use WORD or get new screen pictures from MS. A pop up keeps telling me to connect to the internet. When in actual fact I am connected through a VPN. Why cannot MS recognize this. I have no problems with email or browsing. I only...
  6. why can i not access bbc iplayer even though I am in the UK i do spend a lot of time in turkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can i not access bbc iplayer even though I am in the UK i do spend a lot of time in turkey: even though I am in the UK i do spend a lot of time in turkey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-access-bbc-iplayer-even-though-i-am/fe704f78-86b2-445a-8569-661a33c1e01f
  7. fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fast download of BBC series (for those with access to BBC UK sites): Hi folks Seems the BBC has got a whole load of TV series on their iPlayer -- probably good for people stuck for long times at home. If you've got access to BBC site and / or UK based VPN then there's an excellent app called get_iplayer. perfectly 100% legal. get_iPlayer •...
  8. itv hub

itv hub: why does itv program buffers adds are ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itv-hub/c31eae85-dd6b-4eba-9f4a-ea8390f8a29b
  9. Sky Go is telling me I am not in UK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sky Go is telling me I am not in UK: Tried turning off router and pc for half an hour and then turning on. Still getting error code 1405 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sky-go-is-telling-me-i-am-not-in-uk/0fe38ff9-0a17-46b9-898d-ad922d8a7e85
  10. Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop

Issue with proxy and VSPN when trying to watch BBC iplayer, netflix and itv on my laptop: So I was watching a programme in bbc i player. About 2 minutes into the programme it stopped playing and a message popped up saying 'oops somethings gone wrong', when I refreshed the page it said that I can't view its content because i'm not in the UK (but I am in the UK …) I...