Windows 10: bcd corruption

Discus and support bcd corruption in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; if the bcd is corrupted then can it be fixed using cmd ? does rebuild work every time? or is it like a 50/50 thing? i just wanted to know the chances... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ghost363, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Ghost363 Win User

bcd corruption

if the bcd is corrupted then can it be fixed using cmd ? does rebuild work every time? or is it like a 50/50 thing? i just wanted to know the chances for it to work

:)

Ghost363, Jan 5, 2020

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 5, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

This is normal that under Recovery Environment, The letters are re-assigned. This is why you have to be careful and select the correct one.
    @dictum
    Advice: Never use Easy BCD with Windows installed using GPT disk. Use Easy UEFI instead provided you know what you are doing. Easy BCD only works with MBR disk type.
    Base on the screen shot above. Your disk 0 is your new Windows and your disk 1 contains the old Windows. Disk 3 contains a 512MB Fat32 partition and I don't know what that is. I suggest you disconnect disk 3 for now before proceeding.

Let rebuild new BCD's for both disk 0, and disk 1. Please follow step by step on the 2 screen shots below. On step 3, write down the drive letter for PM981_New. In the screen shot, My Windows is still assigned to C but it might be different from yours. In step 10, if the drive letter is different than C, then use the letter in step 3.

Do exactly the same for disk 1, this time select disk 1 in step 4 and assign letter V in step 7, Use V and the drive letter for Old Windows in step 10. This will create a new BCD for PM981_Old and you will be able to boot separately from boot menu.

From boot menu, select which one to boot from.
    Once booted into Windows. If you wish, you can set up dual boot for Windows old & New. Under This PC, look for the drive letter of the offline Windows and type:
    bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the letter of the offline Windows

bcd corruption [​IMG]

bcd corruption [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 5, 2020
  4. bcd corruption

BobDarroch, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

bcd corruption

1. bcd corruption - Similar Threads - bcd corruption

2. MBR/BCD corrupted/missing can't do bootrec /fixboot or /rebuildbcd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR/BCD corrupted/missing can't do bootrec /fixboot or /rebuildbcd: Hello,I don't know exacly what's the problem with my PC but I tryed everthing but the guides out there doesn't fit my problem or my exact system file structure.First off, all of a sudden the PC won't launch W10, it launch BIOS and there it says theres no booteable devices. I...
  3. MBR/BCD corrupted/missing can't do bootrec /fixboot or /rebuildbcd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR/BCD corrupted/missing can't do bootrec /fixboot or /rebuildbcd: Hello,I don't know exacly what's the problem with my PC but I tryed everthing but the guides out there doesn't fit my problem or my exact system file structure.First off, all of a sudden the PC won't launch W10, it launch BIOS and there it says theres no booteable devices. I...
  4. MBR/BCD corrupted/missing can't do bootrec /fixboot or /rebuildbcd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BCD is corrupt and attempts to repair or rebuild with CMD have been unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BCD is corrupt and attempts to repair or rebuild with CMD have been unsuccessful: I tried to migrate windows from my HDD to a new SSD. I was being quick and reckless and didnt make sure I had booted from the SSD first. I deleted the windows image on my HDD and tried to boot from my SSD, and it wouldn't boot. It would tell me that there was an I/O error,...
  6. BCD is corrupt and attempts to repair or rebuild with CMD have been unsuccessful

BCD is corrupt and attempts to repair or rebuild with CMD have been unsuccessful: I tried to migrate windows from my HDD to a new SSD. I was being quick and reckless and didnt make sure I had booted from the SSD first. I deleted the windows image on my HDD and tried to boot from my SSD, and it wouldn't boot. It would tell me that there was an I/O error,...
  7. BCD is corrupt and attempts to repair or rebuild with CMD have been unsuccessful

8. Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption: Hi MS Community, it's been a long day. I work for an organization and we're running into a big issue with all of our devices. Our devices ranges from mini-PC's to laptops. We have different service centers all across the state. We have many remote users. We have more than...
  9. Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption

Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption: Hi MS Community, it's been a long day. I work for an organization and we're running into a big issue with all of our devices. Our devices ranges from mini-PC's to laptops. We have different service centers all across the state. We have many remote users. We have more than...
  10. Windows 21H2 Update Causing BCD Corruption

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcd continues to get.corrupted