Windows 10: BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10

Discus and support BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sir, My PC has Windows 10. When I boot, only mouse pointer appears on blank screen. I tried to use Windows 10 installation USB drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANKURJAIN1811, Oct 1, 2019.

1. BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10

Dear Sir,

My PC has Windows 10. When I boot, only mouse pointer appears on blank screen. I tried to use Windows 10 installation USB drive to repair but the following error appears. Pl help.

BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10 1fa9c161-9ba3-4cd0-b520-6364266b869d?upload=true.jpg

:)

ANKURJAIN1811, Oct 1, 2019

2. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Error: File\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD. Error Code: 0xc0000185 on Windows 10

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2019
  4. KiraF_81 Win User

BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10

BCD errors and Boot drives

My computer screen went black out of nowhere, and upon booting up I received a Boot error and recovery message telling me that the BCD file is missing. I had previously created a back up of my windows 8.1, so I grabbed my flash drive and prayed. I have
    checked tobmake sure that the USB drive is the preferred boot option, followed steps from numerous other posts with similar issues, and yet the same error occurs everytime I try to boot up my computer. Even with the drive. According to the menu, the usv exists
    and is readable, and through connecting the USB to a different computer I can see that the files are all there and fine. Yet the error persists. If anyone has a suggestion I would really appreciate it...

KiraF_81, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10

1. BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BCD Error booting

2. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????: So, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. Worked Fine, Then this started happening. once every few weeks or so. Recovery screen. I reboot into UEFI, Exit And It Boots Up Fine. I Know This Is Not Malaware As This A Fresh Install With Only Chrome And Discord On It. What Is Causing This? It Just,...
  3. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????: So, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. Worked Fine, Then this started happening. once every few weeks or so. Recovery screen. I reboot into UEFI, Exit And It Boots Up Fine. I Know This Is Not Malaware As This A Fresh Install With Only Chrome And Discord On It. What Is Causing This? It Just,...
  4. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f: Suddenly my laptop start getting slow and on the second day start showing blue screen with this code:RecoveryFile:\Boot\BCDError code : 0x000000fI ran boot rec /rebuilkdbcd but it did not solve the problem. system restore is not working as well.Please help me...
  6. Windows is not booting BCD error and TIME STOP error

Windows is not booting BCD error and TIME STOP error: Two weeks ago my computer was working successfully, until one moment whereas the HDD was flashing uncontrollably and I was unable to use the computer as everything froze. My solution was to restart, we've all done it sometimes in these moments and the computer simple...
  7. Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

Windows 10 boot error code /BCD: I had windows installed on an SSD but needed more storage room so installed a 3tb Mechanical hard drive. I set the boot to the SSD still as theres no OS on the hard drive. I then saw the error when i try and boot....
  8. Surface Go BCD error on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Go BCD error on boot: I have got a Surface Go from a friend of mine. According to him one day he tried to boot into windows after and update and got a blue screen with an error message. Because he is not very experienced with computers, he asked me to have a look at it. I was not really...
  9. Windows 10 BCD error

Windows 10 BCD error: Looking for assistance with this problem surprised to see its been going on since 2015 yet dont see any solutions that work well. I have experience this error Oxo000014c numerous times since October 19 and have got going again using a windows recovery disk which is a pain...
  10. \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my W10 system, it is not booting and whatever I try is not working. I can't refresh/repair the PC because my drive is "locked" Startup repair doesn't work, no explanation. None of the solutions the Windows 10 DVD/media offers works I tried...