Windows 10: /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again

Discus and support /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What to do? Please answer ASAP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shrijit Sahu1, May 21, 2023.

1. /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again

What to do? Please answer ASAP

:)

Shrijit Sahu1, May 21, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, May 21, 2023
  3. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 21, 2023
  4. topgundcp Win User

/BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again

How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

This is normal that under Recovery Environment, The letters are re-assigned. This is why you have to be careful and select the correct one.
    @dictum
    Advice: Never use Easy BCD with Windows installed using GPT disk. Use Easy UEFI instead provided you know what you are doing. Easy BCD only works with MBR disk type.
    Base on the screen shot above. Your disk 0 is your new Windows and your disk 1 contains the old Windows. Disk 3 contains a 512MB Fat32 partition and I don't know what that is. I suggest you disconnect disk 3 for now before proceeding.

Let rebuild new BCD's for both disk 0, and disk 1. Please follow step by step on the 2 screen shots below. On step 3, write down the drive letter for PM981_New. In the screen shot, My Windows is still assigned to C but it might be different from yours. In step 10, if the drive letter is different than C, then use the letter in step 3.

Do exactly the same for disk 1, this time select disk 1 in step 4 and assign letter V in step 7, Use V and the drive letter for Old Windows in step 10. This will create a new BCD for PM981_Old and you will be able to boot separately from boot menu.

From boot menu, select which one to boot from.
    Once booted into Windows. If you wish, you can set up dual boot for Windows old & New. Under This PC, look for the drive letter of the offline Windows and type:
    bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the letter of the offline Windows

/BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again 251671d1571422523t-how-clean-up-bcd-entries-rebuild-bcd-p1.jpg

/BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again 251672d1571422540t-how-clean-up-bcd-entries-rebuild-bcd-p2.jpg

topgundcp, May 21, 2023
Thema:

/BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again

1. /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again - Similar Threads - BCD Error 22H2

2. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again: winver output: version 1803 OS Build 17134.1246, Windows 10 ProTrying to install 22H2, but it- installs and keeps telling in updates history it requires a reboot - rebooting the computer doesn't help- after I "Check Updates" again, system commences downloading and installing...
  3. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again: winver output: version 1803 OS Build 17134.1246, Windows 10 ProTrying to install 22H2, but it- installs and keeps telling in updates history it requires a reboot - rebooting the computer doesn't help- after I "Check Updates" again, system commences downloading and installing...
  4. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again

/BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again: What to do? Please answer ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcd-error-in-windows-10-22h2-popping-up-again-and/09d196f7-7050-4c71-95b6-a4e7dfd6833d
  6. /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    /BCD Error In Windows 10 22H2 popping up again and again: What to do? Please answer ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcd-error-in-windows-10-22h2-popping-up-again-and/09d196f7-7050-4c71-95b6-a4e7dfd6833d
  7. disable proxy server and try again error pop up

disable proxy server and try again error pop up: trying to acess app but disable proxy server and try again error pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-proxy-server-and-try-again-error-pop-up/2e960aac-ab0e-4304-8276-4430b7ea2e0a
  8. Win 10 errors thought to be corrected are showing up again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 errors thought to be corrected are showing up again and again: I have windows 10 home edition, 64 bit and the first night after receiving my new computer, over a year ago--I "saw" on my computer many of my previous computer issues. Those that I thought I had corrected were all visible and upon seeing them-I froze. I thought that getting...
  9. Win 10 errors thought to be corrected are showing up again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 errors thought to be corrected are showing up again and again: I have windows 10 home edition, 64 bit and the first night after receiving my new computer, over a year ago--I "saw" on my computer many of my previous computer issues. Those that I thought I had corrected were all visible and upon seeing them-I froze. I thought that getting...
  10. I activated my windows 10 but it is now again showing a pop up to activate windows again.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I activated my windows 10 but it is now again showing a pop up to activate windows again.: Hey, I just activated my Windows 10 using a key but now it is again asking me to activate windows and when i again put the activating key the it is not working. Anybody facing the same issue?? what county am i in...