Windows 10: [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files

Discus and support [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to reinstall the Windows Bootloader from an installation media. I've mounted the EFI volume in G: and then I tried bcdboot C:\Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adamantinum, May 27, 2020.

1. [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall the Windows Bootloader from an installation media. I've mounted the EFI volume in G: and then I tried

bcdboot C:\Windows /s G: /f UEFI

but it gives the error in the title.

I've searched a lot in the Internet, but the only solution is for a disk in MBR, but mine is in GPT.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/adamantinum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/adamantinum, May 27, 2020
  2. scorgar Win User

"Failure when attempting to copy boot files"

So it all started with my laptop getting the "An operating system wasn't found" error when trying to boot up Windows. I'm using instructions from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/3103656

I got to this part: "bcdboot C:\Windows /S C:" but when I enter that into command prompt, I get the "Failure when attempting to copy boot files" error.

What do I do?

scorgar, May 27, 2020
  3. Multi-boot with Windows 10 don't work with bcdboot

I try to use bcdboot in Windows 8.1 to include the drive of Windows 10:

bcdboot d:\windows /d /addlast.

I get “Failure when attempting to copy boot files.” It’s because that bcdboot can’t copy the “d:\windows\boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi” file.

I try to copy this file any where, I cannot. I get error 0x80070780

When I’m in Windows 10 pro and try bcdboot c:\windows /d /addlast. All work well

I’m built-in administrator user on Windows 10, 8,8.1 etc.

I put “Full control” on the folder “boot” and children for administrators, system, users etc

An idea?

BluePulsar, May 27, 2020
  4. [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files

the boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

Many thanks for your reply, however why I run bcdboot c:\windows I get the following error

"Failure when attempting to copy boot files".

do you have any further suggestions?

Lawrence

LawrenceChapman, May 27, 2020
Thema:

[BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files

1. [BCDBOOT] Failure when attempting to copy boot files - Similar Threads - BCDBOOT Failure attempting

2. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  3. Failure when attempting to copy boot files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files: Im trying to recover using advanced tool option. For the bcdboot command using c: was not working. When i checked My PC, i found Window folder in X drive. And so should i use X: instead of C: in the command in this way "bcdboot x:/windows /s w: /f USFI"...
  4. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1110Application Timestamp: e86d289eFault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Module...
  5. Trouble Copying Boot Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble Copying Boot Files: @topgundcp I have the following situation: I am taking the HD out of an older laptop running Win10 version 21H1 and wish to clone it to a newer HD to put into a newer Laptop. I have successfully cloned the drive using AOMEI Backupper but the drive fails to be recognized in...
  6. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera: I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to make the transfer. This has happened several times recently over multiple days I have restarted the computer several times....
  7. Failure when attempting to copy boot files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Failure when attempting to copy boot files on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you receive an error message – Failure when attempting to copy boot files, then this post may be able to help you fix the […] This article Failure when attempting to copy boot files on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Attempting to copy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempting to copy: I am NOT computer literate, so bear with me, explaining in elementary terms. This is a work computer, Windows 10. The night of July 29, my computer downloaded a huge update to the system. Yesterday, I read thru all the "new" things, and didn't change any settings (that I...
  9. Removing bcdboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing bcdboot: Hello. I have 2 physical disks, one with my old Win 7 on it, and a new SSD with Win 10. The latter is (was?) bootable, as I did a clean Win 10 install on it. Later I added a boot menu, using "bcdboot d:\Windows" (where d: is my old Win 7 disk). Now, however, I want to...
  10. Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition: Had a power loss and while I have my workstation on a battery backup I on impulse just killed the power to my PC instead of doing a proper shutdown. I had just completed a steam game installation at this point (Mafia III, not sure if this is relevant though). Long story...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to fix failure when attempting to copy boot files