Windows 10: bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

Discus and support bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 SSDs in the UEFI machine, 2 of them have are bootable with Win10 on them and 1 has bootable Linux. The primary boots just fine. I cloned the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dictum, Aug 7, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

I have 4 SSDs in the UEFI machine, 2 of them have are bootable with Win10 on them and 1 has bootable Linux.

The primary boots just fine. I cloned the primary onto the clone SSD with Macrium and created a bcdedit entry for it. When the machine boots and I select the clone Win10 drive, it does not boot.

I have to go into the BIOS and change the drive order under BIOS/Boot. Not of the multiple devices like CDROM, flash but of the disks themselves. Then the clone Windows 10 boots just fine. But the primary Win10 no longer boots. I have to rearrange the disk order under BIOS again to get my primary disk to boot again. Then the clone stops booting.

and under BIOS/boot/disks I have 2 entries per each disk. I think it has retained some of my previous BCD entries maybe.

To confuse this further, the primary and clone Win10 disks are the same model, so here are 4 entries that look exactly the same and I have to select one until I find the one that works. I usually get it on the 1st try.

I run EasyBCD and it shows no redundant entries.

I can run bcdedit /enum all but cannot figure out which entries are false. This multiboot scheme used to work and recently broke down and I cannot figure where the disconnect it.

:)

dictum, Aug 7, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 multiboot

I get the multiboot menu, but any keystroke (arrow or enter) locks up the machine. ESC restarts OK. If I allow the timeout, it boots normally. I can only access the alternate OS by changing the default via BCDEdit (or EasyBCD).

I've tried various repair/reset sequences without success.

????

Wizardonice, Aug 7, 2019
  4. bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question

Has anyone had success with the YUMI – Multiboot tool to setup a USB with multiple ISO images? I set one up on a few different USB drives and each time i do it, it lists all ISO images to install but no matter what, it only loads and installs the last ISO i loaded.

Ex:
    Installed 1st - Win Ent 7 64BIT
    Installed 2nd - Win Ent 8.1 64BIT
    Installed 3rd - Win Ent 10 1511 64BIT

If i try to install Win Ent 7 64BIT, it lets me select it but it actually loads the Win Ent 10 ISO instead.

The usb i am using currently is a 64GB HP in FAT32 format (USB-HDD mode)

mremptywallet, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

1. bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting? - Similar Threads - bcdedit BIOS disk

2. bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

in Windows 10 Support
    bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?: I have 4 SSDs in the UEFI machine, 2 of them have are bootable with Win10 on them and 1 has bootable Linux. The primary boots just fine. I cloned the primary onto the clone SSD with Macrium and created a bcdedit entry for it. When the machine boots and I select the clone...
  3. BCDedit and multiboot issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BCDedit and multiboot issues: Win10-1903 I am running this multiboot setup for several years. The machine has SSD #1 and SSD #2, which are Win10 and a clone of Win10. I ran EasyBCD to create boot entires. However when I boot, I have issues. I have to go into BIOS and adjust the boot option #1 to a...
  4. how do i reset bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i reset bios: I heard that's the only way to make my computer detect my battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-bios/af57b448-182e-48a5-b29f-23eac0f26adb
  5. BIOS Boot order

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS Boot order: No way, in the BIOS, to change Boot prioriy. I cannot use a CD to boot from in an emergency. How can this be done? Gigabyte laptop, Windows 10, 64. I cannot disable secure boot, the option will not highlite. 47197
  6. How do I update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I update my BIOS?: Dear All, I am totally new to BIOS upgrading so please ignore if my question sounds too stupid. My current BIOS version is v1708- 24/10/2013. When I checked my mobo's support site, i found that there are at least 6 versions of the BIOS that got released after v1708- the...
  7. BIOS Boot order

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Boot order: I could not find an option under Boot Options, in the BIOS, of my P57W computer to boot off an optical or thumb drive. How the hell am I to boot off these devices when I cannot see them in the BIOS? Gigabyte documentation, or the lack thereof, SUCKS big time. I finally...
  8. YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question: Has anyone had success with the YUMI – Multiboot tool to setup a USB with multiple ISO images? I set one up on a few different USB drives and each time i do it, it lists all ISO images to install but no matter what, it only loads and installs the last ISO i loaded. Ex:...
  9. Can't change BIOS order

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change BIOS order: So I'm having a dual boot system (Windows and Ubuntu) and since I disassembled my laptop some hours ago the laptop boots directly into Windows (ignoring the GRUB OS selection screen). I'm having a Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 (Insider Preview) and a Samsung EVO 840 SSD on...
  10. How do I burn disks

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I burn disks: My DVD reads fine but I don't know how to burn disks. I have tried sharing in the window for the drive and there is a burn place there, but it doesn't do anything. 12230