Windows 10: bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

Discus and support bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 SSDs in the UEFI machine, 2 of them have are bootable with Win10 on them and 1 has bootable Linux. The primary boots just fine. I cloned the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dictum, Aug 7, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

I have 4 SSDs in the UEFI machine, 2 of them have are bootable with Win10 on them and 1 has bootable Linux.

The primary boots just fine. I cloned the primary onto the clone SSD with Macrium and created a bcdedit entry for it. When the machine boots and I select the clone Win10 drive, it does not boot.

I have to go into the BIOS and change the drive order under BIOS/Boot. Not of the multiple devices like CDROM, flash but of the disks themselves. Then the clone Windows 10 boots just fine. But the primary Win10 no longer boots. I have to rearrange the disk order under BIOS again to get my primary disk to boot again. Then the clone stops booting.

and under BIOS/boot/disks I have 2 entries per each disk. I think it has retained some of my previous BCD entries maybe.

To confuse this further, the primary and clone Win10 disks are the same model, so here are 4 entries that look exactly the same and I have to select one until I find the one that works. I usually get it on the 1st try.

I run EasyBCD and it shows no redundant entries.

I can run bcdedit /enum all but cannot figure out which entries are false. This multiboot scheme used to work and recently broke down and I cannot figure where the disconnect it.

:)

dictum, Aug 7, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Win 10 multiboot

I get the multiboot menu, but any keystroke (arrow or enter) locks up the machine. ESC restarts OK. If I allow the timeout, it boots normally. I can only access the alternate OS by changing the default via BCDEdit (or EasyBCD).

I've tried various repair/reset sequences without success.

????

Wizardonice, Aug 7, 2019
  4. bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question

Has anyone had success with the YUMI – Multiboot tool to setup a USB with multiple ISO images? I set one up on a few different USB drives and each time i do it, it lists all ISO images to install but no matter what, it only loads and installs the last ISO i loaded.

Ex:
    Installed 1st - Win Ent 7 64BIT
    Installed 2nd - Win Ent 8.1 64BIT
    Installed 3rd - Win Ent 10 1511 64BIT

If i try to install Win Ent 7 64BIT, it lets me select it but it actually loads the Win Ent 10 ISO instead.

The usb i am using currently is a 64GB HP in FAT32 format (USB-HDD mode)

mremptywallet, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

1. bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting? - Similar Threads - bcdedit BIOS disk

2. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...
  3. how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i access the bios to rearrange the boot order: My windows 11 has developed a fault in the Bios start up order by using IP4 and IP6 rather than the ssd installed.I wish to reorder thm but cannot access the bios menue...
  4. Changing Disk Enumeration Order for Windows Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Disk Enumeration Order for Windows Setup: This issue could be considered a Windows installation issue or a hardware issue (involving MB BIOS). I've done a LOT of work to setup all sorts of Windows unattended installations. I also have a number of scrips used during the actual installation of Windows. All of this work...
  5. How to change boot order in BIOS with Aptio Setup Utility?

How to change boot order in BIOS with Aptio Setup Utility?: I cant figure out how to change boot order in Aptio setup (American Megatrends) for a new laptop with no CD/DVD, Windows 10. (image attached) I would like to use bootable Macrium Rescue Disc, and need this boot sequence: 1. USB flash drive 2. Hard Disc [img] 171164
  6. Multiboot

Multiboot: Hello, I have a question. When I multi boot on win 10 does my files get deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiboot/d10a7fdf-6821-4483-bbf9-755a6fa5ce1f
  7. How do I enter BIOS setup - Acer Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I enter BIOS setup - Acer Computer: User guide says to press F2 when the ACER logo appears. The ACER logo doesn't appear at boot. I've tried pressing F2 anyway but no biios screen. Also tried F12, F10, and Del.at boot. Part of my sysinfo is: System Name ACER_DESKTOP System Manufacturer Acer System Model...
  8. bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?

in Windows 10 Support
    bcdedit and BIOS disk order, how do I setup multibooting?: I have 4 SSDs in the UEFI machine, 2 of them have are bootable with Win10 on them and 1 has bootable Linux. The primary boots just fine. I cloned the primary onto the clone SSD with Macrium and created a bcdedit entry for it. When the machine boots and I select the clone...
  9. BCDedit and multiboot issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BCDedit and multiboot issues: Win10-1903 I am running this multiboot setup for several years. The machine has SSD #1 and SSD #2, which are Win10 and a clone of Win10. I ran EasyBCD to create boot entires. However when I boot, I have issues. I have to go into BIOS and adjust the boot option #1 to a...
  10. YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question

YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question: Has anyone had success with the YUMI – Multiboot tool to setup a USB with multiple ISO images? I set one up on a few different USB drives and each time i do it, it lists all ISO images to install but no matter what, it only loads and installs the last ISO i loaded. Ex:...