Windows 10: bcdedit changes get lost

Discus and support bcdedit changes get lost in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro with HyperV enabled. I run command 'bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto' which persists after a restart and I am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by david.zed, May 19, 2019.

1. david.zed Win User

bcdedit changes get lost

I am using Windows 10 Pro with HyperV enabled.

I run command 'bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto' which persists after a restart and I am able to use HyperV ok but after a power down and power up, this gets lost and I have to repeat every time I want to use HyperV

:)

david.zed, May 19, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 19, 2019
  3. bcdedit worked for me

Topgundcp...
    Hi,

I have the exact issue posted (Stuck in safe mode, password doesn't work) where you had suggested getting Rescue6.1.1023x64.iso on a google drive. That link is not good at this time. Was that just a standard Windows 10 64b image or something different. If different, is it still available? If so, where please? If it's just a windows 10 image I can try to find elsewhere... is the 'bcdedit' something on the standard windows image?

Much appreciated,

Old Desert Rat, May 19, 2019
  4. bcdedit changes get lost

lost

Hello,

In order for us to provide you with an appropriate resolution, kindly tell us more about your concern:

• When did the issue start?
    • Can you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to this concern (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit this link which includes resolutions on how to find lost files
    in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Lizette Ags, May 19, 2019
Thema:

bcdedit changes get lost

1. bcdedit changes get lost - Similar Threads - bcdedit changes lost

2. Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell motherboard changed, lost windows Key: I changed the motherboard of my Dell XPS system. Now I no longer have my windows key. I need a new key to keep my old machine going. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-motherboard-changed-lost-windows-key/71b5d154-e6d9-42c5-b50a-c4e2ed5392a3"
  3. bad_system_config_info error - truncatememory and numproc not showing in bcdedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bad_system_config_info error - truncatememory and numproc not showing in bcdedit: Hey there, without any change in registry or similar, I turned off dektop PC and when I turned it on again, it showed the bad system config info error at blue screen. system: WINDOWS 10 (Home german Version 10.0.17134.1); Mother: MSI B350M Pro-VD Plus (MS-7B38); CPU AMD...
  4. Lost word document changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost word document changes: Lost file after ‘save as’ Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and...
  5. Windows 10 Feature Updates resets BCDEDIT settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Updates resets BCDEDIT settings: Hello, Windows 10 Feature Update resets the BCDEDIT settings that were previously applied. Is there a way to prevent it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-feature-updates-resets-bcdedit-settings/ec2d33fa-d516-417f-a855-fa02840ab577
  6. BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?: I had issues with BitLocker PIN prompt in the past similar to the below discussion. BitLocker with TPM and PIN - Laptop shuts down after 60 seconds The solution was this: open up command prompt window as administrator: type in this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr}...
  7. Internet connection lost after password change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection lost after password change: I changed the microsoft password via my phone. On my computer there are 2 internet "connections". One is the standard and has always been the default. Netgear27. The other is Netgear 5-G. Now the standard won't work and says I have no internet connection. If I switch to...
  8. BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?

BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?: Correct me if I'm wrong, can you not use BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ? 65793
  9. BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid"

in Windows 10 Support
    BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid": I am using Windows PowerShell (Admin). My command line is this: "bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi" I had used this exact command line before and it did work. Now it says "The set command specified is not valid". It makes no sense. So I am suspecting...
  10. bcdedit - now unable to boot windows

in Windows 10 Support
    bcdedit - now unable to boot windows: My system was in a forever cycle of just booting to the 'troubleshooting' screen or I think it's called advanced boot options. It would never boot to windows 10. This happened after some tool requested to set to 'safe mode'. So I tried to fix it but alas very incorrectly and...