Windows 10: bcdedit.exe

Discus and support bcdedit.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have perchased software thro ebay and the person wants to have access to my laptop and go thro bcdedit.exe to load the software is this safe please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jacquimount, Feb 11, 2019.

1. bcdedit.exe

i have perchased software thro ebay and the person wants to have access to my laptop and go thro bcdedit.exe to load the software is this safe please

:)

jacquimount, Feb 11, 2019

2. bcdedit worked for me

Topgundcp...
    Hi,

I have the exact issue posted (Stuck in safe mode, password doesn't work) where you had suggested getting Rescue6.1.1023x64.iso on a google drive. That link is not good at this time. Was that just a standard Windows 10 64b image or something different. If different, is it still available? If so, where please? If it's just a windows 10 image I can try to find elsewhere... is the 'bcdedit' something on the standard windows image?

Much appreciated,

Old Desert Rat, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    How to fix the bcdedit error "an error occurred while attmpting to delete the specified data element"

Hello,

We'd like to know more information about the issue you're currently experiencing with Windows 10. Please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error code/message that you've originally received before attempting to use the bcdedit command?
    • What is the exact command you've entered while using the bcdedit command?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the current build version of your Windows 10 device?

Knowing these information will give us an idea of what would be the best troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

bcdedit.exe

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

bcdedit.exe

1. bcdedit.exe - Similar Threads - bcdedit exe

2. I HAVE ENABLED BCDEDIT COMMANDS ON WINDOWS 10 64BIT 1803 ASUS VIVOBOOK 15 R542UQ-DM153...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I HAVE ENABLED BCDEDIT COMMANDS ON WINDOWS 10 64BIT 1803 ASUS VIVOBOOK 15 R542UQ-DM153...: The following bcdedit commands are added to Boot configuration data on uefi based my asusvivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153 laptop C:\Windows\system32\fsutil.exe behavior query DisableDeleteNotify C:\Windows\system32\fsutil behavior set BugcheckOnCorrupt 1...
  3. Windows 10 Feature Updates resets BCDEDIT settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Updates resets BCDEDIT settings: Hello, Windows 10 Feature Update resets the BCDEDIT settings that were previously applied. Is there a way to prevent it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-feature-updates-resets-bcdedit-settings/ec2d33fa-d516-417f-a855-fa02840ab577
  4. Not able to create Windows PE and ramddiskoptions boot entry using bcdedit command

Not able to create Windows PE and ramddiskoptions boot entry using bcdedit command: Hello Friends I want to create Windows PE and ramddiskoptions boot entry using bcdedit, when i am going to create using bcdedit /create {ramdiskoptions} /d "Ramdisk options" it s shows like an error occured while attempting the specified create operation, the specified...
  5. Not able to create Windows PE and ramddiskoptions boot entry using bcdedit command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to create Windows PE and ramddiskoptions boot entry using bcdedit command: Hello Friends I want to create Windows PE and ramddiskoptions boot entry using bcdedit, when i am going to create using bcdedit /create {ramdiskoptions} /d "Ramdisk options" it s shows like an error occured while attempting the specified create operation, the specified...
  6. Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung notebook black screen after command "BCDedit /set recoveryenabled no": Hi, My Samsung notebook faced the exact automatic repair loop problem as described in the following link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/automatic-repair-error-srttrailtxt/e462bd3f-2b92-4ed1-8b1c-ed4866256f46 I followed typing...
  7. BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?

BCDEDIT Command after Win10 Reinstallation?: I had issues with BitLocker PIN prompt in the past similar to the below discussion. BitLocker with TPM and PIN - Laptop shuts down after 60 seconds The solution was this: open up command prompt window as administrator: type in this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr}...
  8. CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CMD crashes when running "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON": To get the driver for an old audio interface to install, I have to run a script which includes the line "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" so that Windows will accept a modified inf file. This has worked fine on two other machines running Windows 10, but on my new laptop this...
  9. Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64

Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64: As the title suggest, I no longer see the option "Factory Image Restore" in the Advanced Boot Windows 10. Laptop Dell Inspiron 7559 Processor: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz Memorry: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GB x 1) Graphic Card:...
  10. BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid"

in Windows 10 Support
    BCDedit says: "The set command specified is not valid": I am using Windows PowerShell (Admin). My command line is this: "bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi" I had used this exact command line before and it did work. Now it says "The set command specified is not valid". It makes no sense. So I am suspecting...