Windows 10: bcdedit.exe

Discus and support bcdedit.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have perchased software thro ebay and the person wants to have access to my laptop and go thro bcdedit.exe to load the software is this safe please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jacquimount, Feb 11, 2019.

1. bcdedit.exe

i have perchased software thro ebay and the person wants to have access to my laptop and go thro bcdedit.exe to load the software is this safe please

:)

jacquimount, Feb 11, 2019

2. bcdedit worked for me

Topgundcp...
    Hi,

I have the exact issue posted (Stuck in safe mode, password doesn't work) where you had suggested getting Rescue6.1.1023x64.iso on a google drive. That link is not good at this time. Was that just a standard Windows 10 64b image or something different. If different, is it still available? If so, where please? If it's just a windows 10 image I can try to find elsewhere... is the 'bcdedit' something on the standard windows image?

Much appreciated,

Old Desert Rat, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    How to fix the bcdedit error "an error occurred while attmpting to delete the specified data element"

Hello,

We'd like to know more information about the issue you're currently experiencing with Windows 10. Please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error code/message that you've originally received before attempting to use the bcdedit command?
    • What is the exact command you've entered while using the bcdedit command?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the current build version of your Windows 10 device?

Knowing these information will give us an idea of what would be the best troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

bcdedit.exe

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

bcdedit.exe

1. bcdedit.exe - Similar Threads - bcdedit exe

2. How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?: Hello Microsoft friends.Whenever I hold Shift-Restart the options to go to Windows Recovery Environment doesn't work, I also can't can't get to Safe Mode but I can boot regularly to Windows 11 Pro build 22H2. I checked the Winre.wim is still in it's folder, I'm suspecting...
  3. How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Apply BCDEdit, BootRec, BootSect from Windows to Go to Fix the Internal Drive: G?: Hello Microsoft friends.Whenever I hold Shift-Restart the options to go to Windows Recovery Environment doesn't work, I also can't can't get to Safe Mode but I can boot regularly to Windows 11 Pro build 22H2. I checked the Winre.wim is still in it's folder, I'm suspecting...
  4. bcdedit, bcdboot and bootrec issues in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bcdedit, bcdboot and bootrec issues in Windows 10.: I needed to edit the EFI default boot using bcdedit, but it gave me the error message:"The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system cannot be found."I tried recreating the EFI partition from a bootable Windows USB using the command:bcdboot...
  5. bcdedit, bcdboot and bootrec issues in Windows 10.

bcdedit, bcdboot and bootrec issues in Windows 10.: I needed to edit the EFI default boot using bcdedit, but it gave me the error message:"The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system cannot be found."I tried recreating the EFI partition from a bootable Windows USB using the command:bcdboot...
  6. bcdedit, bcdboot and bootrec issues in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Accidentally pressed shut down instead of restart after typing bcdedit /set {current}...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally pressed shut down instead of restart after typing bcdedit /set {current}...: Hi I was trying to figure out how to speed up the write speed of my new ssd and saw that I had to enable AHCI which required me to type in - bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal in command prompt. But then instead of restarting, i accidentally clicked shut down and now my...
  8. Accidentally pressed shut down instead of restart after typing bcdedit /set {current}...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally pressed shut down instead of restart after typing bcdedit /set {current}...: Hi I was trying to figure out how to speed up the write speed of my new ssd and saw that I had to enable AHCI which required me to type in - bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal in command prompt. But then instead of restarting, i accidentally clicked shut down and now my...
  9. Accidentally pressed shut down instead of restart after typing bcdedit /set {current}...

10. Bcdedit /set correct command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bcdedit /set correct command: What is the correct one cuz im a bit confused about it as some say one to another and it just really confused me....i want to disable it and if i did understand it should be True as false will forcesnoop if im right.bcdedit /set hypervisorloadoptions NOFORCESNOOPor bcdedit...