Windows 10: bcdedit last line: "A device which does not exist was specified"

Discus and support bcdedit last line: "A device which does not exist was specified" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The output of every bcdedit command that includes a loader id has the following line added: A device which does not exist was specified. even when no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thename, Jun 19, 2021.

1. thename Win User

bcdedit last line: "A device which does not exist was specified"

The output of every bcdedit command that includes a loader id has the following line added: A device which does not exist was specified. even when no device is in the command or in the output. Not booting problem. Any insights? FYI, the enumeration output: Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier {bootmgr} device unknown path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit {globalsettings} default {current} resumeobject {666adf90-4cf2-11eb-9543-9715508633d2} displayorder {current} toolsdisplayorder {memdiag} timeout 10 Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier {current} device partition=C: path \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi description 20H2 locale en-US inherit {bootloadersettings} recoverysequence {666adf92-4cf2-11eb-9543-9715508633d2} displaymessageoverride Recovery recoveryenabled Yes isolatedcontext Yes allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075 osdevice partition=C: systemroot \WINDOWS resumeobject {666adf90-4cf2-11eb-9543-9715508633d2} nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Standard hypervisorlaunchtype Auto A device which does not exist was specified.

:)

thename, Jun 19, 2021
  2. l_turn9 Win User

Disabled Hyper-V using BCDedit

ran the suggested cmd and rec'd this:

the element data type specified is not recognized, or does not apply to the specified entry. Run bcdedit /? for command line assistance.

Element not found.

Thoughts?

Larry

l_turn9, Jun 19, 2021
  3. CountMike Win User
    AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists

In Device manager, most of those from that list are signed as Microsoft drivers, probably for compatibility purposes, just like disk drive drivers.
    These are only ones from that list that I can find that is signed as AMD.

bcdedit last line: "A device which does not exist was specified" [​IMG]

CountMike, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Ian Ser Win User

How to fix the bcdedit error "an error occurred while attmpting to delete the specified data element"

Hello,

We'd like to know more information about the issue you're currently experiencing with Windows 10. Please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error code/message that you've originally received before attempting to use the bcdedit command?
    • What is the exact command you've entered while using the bcdedit command?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the current build version of your Windows 10 device?

Knowing these information will give us an idea of what would be the best troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. bcdedit last line: "A device which does not exist was specified" - Similar Threads - bcdedit last line

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  4. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  6. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified. See the System Event...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: HI, Yester 15-4-2020 I download and install this version "2020-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based system KB4549951". Today 16-04-2020 I received a pop-up window A device which does not exist was specified while trying to open E: or D: but C: is...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootrec a device not exist specified