Windows 10: bcdedit not working while in safe mode

Discus and support bcdedit not working while in safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TRQ7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiqolg/bcdedit_not_working_while_in_safe_mode/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TRQ7, Jan 1, 2020.

1. /u/TRQ7 Win User

bcdedit not working while in safe mode

/u/TRQ7, Jan 1, 2020
  2. R.Ritchey Win User

bcdedit and Win10 Safe Mode

I have tried adding Safe mode to my startup but cannot ...what am I doing wrong?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> bcdedit /copy {Current} /d “Windows 10 Safe Mode with Command Prompt”

I get this error....

The copy command specified is not valid.

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

The parameter is incorrect.

I have run the Help commands and followed them to nada.

Windows 10 Pro EC Build15055

Intel i5, 16 GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 950

wild horse-unbranded

R.Ritchey, Jan 1, 2020
  3. R.Ritchey Win User
    bcdedit and Win10 Safe Mode

I have tried these (three) different Tutors they all give the same...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> bcdedit /copy {current} /d "Safe Mode"

The copy command specified is not valid.

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

The parameter is incorrect.

This is from ... Administrator: Windows Power Shell

I have gone to 'bcdedit /?' and through the commands...everything looks right as far as I can tell.

Thank you all for the fast answers.

RRR

R.Ritchey, Jan 1, 2020
  4. bcdedit not working while in safe mode

bcdedit worked for me

Topgundcp...
    Hi,

I have the exact issue posted (Stuck in safe mode, password doesn't work) where you had suggested getting Rescue6.1.1023x64.iso on a google drive. That link is not good at this time. Was that just a standard Windows 10 64b image or something different. If different, is it still available? If so, where please? If it's just a windows 10 image I can try to find elsewhere... is the 'bcdedit' something on the standard windows image?

Much appreciated,

Old Desert Rat, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

bcdedit not working while in safe mode

1. bcdedit not working while in safe mode - Similar Threads - bcdedit working while

2. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  3. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  4. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...: Can someone please help me? I wanted to restart my computer after running a virus check, installing Teams and a new version of Cyberlink cam and my computer somehow went into safe mode. I have not been able to get it running again. I have looked online for suggestions and...
  6. Lenovo Yoga laptop stuck in Safe Mode/safeboot even after bcdedit /deletevalue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo Yoga laptop stuck in Safe Mode/safeboot even after bcdedit /deletevalue: So my mums camera wasn't working, had a blackscreen when starting the Camera app , my dad booted into Safe Mode using msconfig and checking Safeboot, without knowing that PIN Password won't work afterwards. Now were stuck in Safe Mode. My dad suggested deleting it with...
  7. Reset PC while in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC while in safe mode?: I keep getting this popup that says “Microsoft Windows is not responding”, and I tried everything that I could to fix it but none of them worked. I then asked the original owner and builder of the PC and he told me that it might be just a Windows problem and I should just...
  8. Restart, Safe Mode Boot, Hibernate, BCDedit errors after W10 Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart, Safe Mode Boot, Hibernate, BCDedit errors after W10 Crash: I had W10 crash and then get stuck in a "Windows needs to repair itself loop". I have corrected that and generally everything is working okay on my Dell E5550 laptop with W10 Version 1909 (Build 18363.476). But, I cannot hibernate, cannot boot into safe mode, cannot Reset...
  9. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  10. Safe mode, not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode, not working.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...