Windows 10: bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened

Discus and support bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used Macrium Reflect to clone a disk onto another disk and now all BCD data has disappeared. When I run bcdedit, I get this: The boot configuration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Oct 10, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened

I used Macrium Reflect to clone a disk onto another disk and now all BCD data has disappeared. When I run bcdedit, I get this:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
    The system cannot find the file specified.

EasyBCD doesn't find a file either.

Should I run bootrec /rebuildbcd?

Or do I have to do the sequence of:

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixbcd
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Any other ideas before I run the above?

Also x:\boot\bcd is missing on all 3 disks that are bootable with Windows 10 (they are all clones).

- - - Updated - - -

bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened [​IMG]

And these are the bootable disks, C:, G: and F:

bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

There is also this procedure:

How to Rebuild the BCD in Windows

and this:

Windows 10 doesn't boot anymore after flagging partion as active

and this:

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

:)

dictum, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode without Admin Access

I am not suggesting using bcdedit commands. I am providing a method for escaping the Safe mode boot loop you are stuck in, "Is there any other way to get back into the computer?".

Denis

3. cw4usa Win User
    Unable to boot computer with Windows 10

attempt to run bcdedit, I get a message saying: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device could not be found.

cw4usa, Oct 10, 2019
  4. raypou Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

I'm getting the "unable to find boot information" error.
    I have assigned the hidden partition to a drive letter, but bcdedit still shows
    "the boot configuration data store could not be opened"

If I manually do it with bcdedit /enum /store i:\boot\bcd, it will show the boot info.

I have multiple HDD setup, one holds grub bootloader, then another drive has windows on it. I'm guessing this is part of the problem? Any ideas?

raypou, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened - Similar Threads - bcdedit boot configuration

2. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...
  3. The boot configuration data store could not be opened

in Windows 10 News
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BCD or Boot Configuration Data files contain instructions that are needed by Windows to boot correctly. If you have a problem booting up your computer, the chances are that is caused by a misconfiguration or even corrupted BCD files. If while [...] This post...
  4. store could not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    store could not open: why are could not open the my store application i want resign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-could-not-open/af49cbc4-7f71-4764-af7e-d8ddf337b0a4
  5. Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Configuration system failed to initialize, could not open settings: A while ago, my pc started to display a message saying the configuration system failed to initialize every time I open it. After this message started popping up, I couldn't open my settings. I'd try to open it and it would start to open, but after a while it would stop from...
  6. Boot Configuration Data Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...
  7. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  8. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225: After my computer updated, I cannot access Windows anymore. It boots up, then loads in with a black screen with the Windows Boot Manager telling me that Windows failed to start, File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Bcd , Status: 0xc0000225 , Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC...
  9. Store apps data/configuration files after uninstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps data/configuration files after uninstall?: When uninstalling store apps, will this also remove any data/configuration files associated with the app? The reason I ask, I had a working Twitch app, Unstream. Lately this app only partially works, I can open streams from the notification but launching Unstream from the...
  10. recovery boot configuration data error

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery boot configuration data error: Hi guys, so my hp probook has come up with this error code 0xc000000f saying the boot configuration data for pc is missing or contains errors. Will need to use recovery tools. How do I fix this problem? My pc doesn't have a cd drive but I have the discs. Please could someone...