Windows 10: bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened

Discus and support bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used Macrium Reflect to clone a disk onto another disk and now all BCD data has disappeared. When I run bcdedit, I get this: The boot configuration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Oct 10, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened

I used Macrium Reflect to clone a disk onto another disk and now all BCD data has disappeared. When I run bcdedit, I get this:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
    The system cannot find the file specified.

EasyBCD doesn't find a file either.

Should I run bootrec /rebuildbcd?

Or do I have to do the sequence of:

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixbcd
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

Any other ideas before I run the above?

Also x:\boot\bcd is missing on all 3 disks that are bootable with Windows 10 (they are all clones).

- - - Updated - - -

bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened [​IMG]

And these are the bootable disks, C:, G: and F:

bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

There is also this procedure:

How to Rebuild the BCD in Windows

and this:

Windows 10 doesn't boot anymore after flagging partion as active

and this:

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

:)

dictum, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode without Admin Access

I am not suggesting using bcdedit commands. I am providing a method for escaping the Safe mode boot loop you are stuck in, "Is there any other way to get back into the computer?".

Denis

3. cw4usa Win User
    Unable to boot computer with Windows 10

attempt to run bcdedit, I get a message saying: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device could not be found.

cw4usa, Oct 10, 2019
  4. raypou Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

I'm getting the "unable to find boot information" error.
    I have assigned the hidden partition to a drive letter, but bcdedit still shows
    "the boot configuration data store could not be opened"

If I manually do it with bcdedit /enum /store i:\boot\bcd, it will show the boot info.

I have multiple HDD setup, one holds grub bootloader, then another drive has windows on it. I'm guessing this is part of the problem? Any ideas?

raypou, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. bcdedit: The boot configuration data store could not be opened - Similar Threads - bcdedit boot configuration

2. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is deniedThe file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum....
  3. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is deniedThe file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum....
  4. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to update boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update boot configuration data: Hey, microsoft Well I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop with windows 10 already installed and activated. I was happy with my laptop. one day my laptop was acting kinda weird so i decided to reset my laptop. once i went to settings/update and security/recovery and I hit get...
  6. The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been...

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The volume for a file has been...: Hello to everyone. At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to EFI with a tool and after this...
  7. BCDEdit: The boot configuration store could not be opened

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BCDEdit: The boot configuration store could not be opened: I am trying to use the BCDEdit command from Windows 10 Boot Media 1803. However, whenever I try to run the command, the following text is returned: X:\Sources>bcdedit The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be identified...
  8. The boot configuration data store could not be opened

in Windows 10 News
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BCD or Boot Configuration Data files contain instructions that are needed by Windows to boot correctly. If you have a problem booting up your computer, the chances are that is caused by a misconfiguration or even corrupted BCD files. If while [...] This post...
  9. store could not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    store could not open: why are could not open the my store application i want resign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-could-not-open/af49cbc4-7f71-4764-af7e-d8ddf337b0a4
  10. Boot Configuration Data Error

Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot configuration data store could not open

2. stuck in safe mode bcdedit the boot configuration data store could not be opened

3. the boot configuration data store cannot be opened

4. safe mod from command prompt: The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be identified...