Windows 10: BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?

Discus and support BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Correct me if I'm wrong, can you not use BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ? 65793 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerometheGiraff, Oct 2, 2016.

1. BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, can you not use BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?

:)

JerometheGiraff, Oct 2, 2016
  2. tcdean Win User

win dual boot win10 win8.1 problem

I tried to install win 10 on different partition with same results. When the installation reboots, the only option listed in the boot was win 8.1.

bcdedit list only the win 8 bootloader. if I do bcdedit in the win 10 it also only list one process and that is win10. The install option was custom, trying to create multi boot system.

tcdean, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Bootloader for Thumbdrive ?

Hi, I want to put multiple boot discs for multiple computers on one thumb drive. I assume I need to create a multiple bootloader on the thumbdrive so I can select which boot loader I want for each computer when the computer boots into the thumbdrive, correct
    ?

StraightWorld, Oct 2, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?

I doubt if it would work as Windows will only recognize a the first partition on a removeable drive.

mike s, Oct 2, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Yumi will allow multi booting.

cereberus, Oct 2, 2016
  6. Cereberus - I have a boot disc created from a backup software onto a thumbdrive but how do I create a multi-boot loader with Yumi so that when booting into the USB drive I'm given an option of which boot loader I want to boot from ?

JerometheGiraff, Oct 9, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Not an expert - google job.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ?

1. BCDEdit to create a multi-bootloader thumbdrive ? - Similar Threads - BCDEdit create multi

2. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  3. Bcdedit commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bcdedit commands: Recently I saw a video using these commands to fix a game that won't launch and I'm curious as to what these commands do bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF bcdedit -set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF Thanks...
  4. USD thumbdrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    USD thumbdrive: How do I show a connected USB drive on the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usd-thumbdrive/b54c8a33-fb59-48b5-af63-1032122b64f4
  5. bcdedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bcdedit: Wieso geht es nicht? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcdedit/38c75434-6d8f-4753-b7f1-4ecd6fd21992
  6. downloading to a thumbdrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloading to a thumbdrive: I am trying to download an update for my Garmin onto a thumbdrive to transfer to my car. It begins the process but stops at 4.5%. Any thoughts on why I cannot complete the download?...
  7. How to create Multi bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create Multi bootable USB: I want Win 7, Win 10, Macrium Rescue and one more in one USB. I tried program WinsetupfromUSB but could not run Macrium. Can someone tell how to proceed or is there any other program which could do it. I think, I selected wrong box while adding Macrium. Can someone tell...
  8. Need Windows to create a Windows installation thumbdrive...

Need Windows to create a Windows installation thumbdrive...: Hello. I had to replace my hard drive and I don't have a Windows installation CD or thumbdrive. I do, however, have a blank thumbdrive, and I can download Windows installation .iso file. I only have Linux at the moment, and I can't create installation media using Linux. Is...
  9. Bootloader issues with multi-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader issues with multi-boot: I'm trying to dual-boot Win 10 (64-bit) and WinXP (32-bit). If I try to go to WinXP, the entire system just restarts, then restarts once more when I get back into the bootloader. I tried using Dual Boot Repair, but all it did was add a redundant item to my bootloader menu....
  10. Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup

Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup: Hello, all. I'm triple-booting (or trying to) on two hard drives: one has XP (32-bit) and 10 (64-bit) and one has Ubuntu 15.04 (64-bit). If I try to boot into XP, my whole system restarts. When I try to go back to Windows bootloader, my system restarts a second time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcdedit thumb drive installer windows 10

2. bcdedit usb multi

3. metro bootloader on thumb drive