Windows 10: BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy

Discus and support BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated Teracopy from 3.8.2 to 3.8.5 but have noticed that BCUninstaller is showing both versions. Can I uninstall the older version? I only have one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Autobahn, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Autobahn Win User

BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy

I updated Teracopy from 3.8.2 to 3.8.5 but have noticed that BCUninstaller is showing both versions. Can I uninstall the older version? I only have one folder for Teracopy, I'm just wondering if I uninstall the older version will it cause problems with the new version? I'm not sure, but the latest Teracopy install seemed different and had options of what I wanted to install (which I can't remember it having before) such as having both 32 and 64bit. I only chose 64bit. The version before most probably had both versions installed. I've also noticed BCuninstaller is showing under 'Uninstaller kind' Inno Setup for 3.8.2 and Windows Installer for 3.8.5. Not sure why these are different? The uninstall command for 3.8.5 is msiExec.exe but for the old version unins000.exe I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this is different? In the folder for teracopy, the only part of Teracopy that was updated under 'date modified' was updater.ini I'm surprised other folders weren't updated apart from updater.ini?

:)

Autobahn, Jun 22, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    BCUninstaller failure issue

Personally I just use BCuninstaller to get an overview of apps including those that do not have an uninstaller. Mostly I use Geek Uninstaller for uninstalls followed by a manual reg cleanup. Also for some programs the way to uninstall is check for any running process or service that is created by the program you want to uninstall and make sure that they are stopped before the uninstall.

BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy [​IMG]

Callender, Jun 22, 2021
  4. BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy

1. BCUninstaller showing 2 versions of Teracopy - Similar Threads - BCUninstaller showing versions

2. 2 versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 versions of windows 10: I recently had to update my sons gaming pc as he was getting the blue screen issue plus we couldn’t actually get the PC to start so a complete reboot and re installation was required. Any way someone on here assisted with downloading onto usb and reinstalling windows. However...
  3. 2 versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 versions of windows 10: I recently had to update my sons gaming pc as he was getting the blue screen issue plus we couldn’t actually get the PC to start so a complete reboot and re installation was required. Any way someone on here assisted with downloading onto usb and reinstalling windows. However...
  4. 2 versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows File Copy tool TeraCopy 3.5 is out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows File Copy tool TeraCopy 3.5 is out: After the release of a beta version in August 2020, TeraCopy 3.5 Final is now available. TeraCopy is an advanced file transfer tool for Microsoft Windows and Mac devices that Tobey mentioned in 2007 for the first time here on this site. The basic idea behind TeraCopy is to...
  6. Teracopy doesnt always copy images in W10, W7 OK??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teracopy doesnt always copy images in W10, W7 OK??: Hi, Hope I'm in the right forum. Teracopy is software but it may not meet the forum's definition of software. Teracopy doesn't always copy all of images in W10, W7 OK?? Many are missing. I'm running W10 on an ASUS Gaming laptop. Business not games. I have a lot GB's of...
  7. Wifi 2 not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 2 not showing: i just bought a new adapter for my laptop while trying to connect it the WiFi 2 option which should display for an external adapter is not showing. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-2-not-showing/4a335fef-1827-4776-a3c1-00b06f911160
  8. Display 2 not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display 2 not showing: I have an issues (literally yesterday 2/11/2019) one of my monitors stops showing up I have Surface Pro and a dock. -If I plug in one monitor at a time they both work and will extend screen. -If I plug in two monitors one of them will not display anything. In the...
  9. Show Windows version

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Windows version: I can't remember what the key combo short-cut is to bring up the windows version....not the system info. It's a little tiny window that opens showing the version and build. For the life of me I can't remember. A little help please. 111693
  10. BCUninstaller failure issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BCUninstaller failure issue: There are a number of good uninstallers some of which I have tried, but BCU seems to find many programs / apps which others do not list. So it should be a very useful utility but I have a major problem with it, which I have not found a solution to in its Manual or elsewhere....