Windows 10: Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts

Discus and support Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With the KB5020282 update, Microsoft is introducing an important new security feature. This update, which became available on October 11, 2022 can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RottweilerX, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts

With the KB5020282 update, Microsoft is introducing an important new security feature. This update, which became available on October 11, 2022 can lockout a local Administrator account after too many incorrect password attempts. As Microsoft explains, this is intended to defend against brute force attacks on local Administrator accounts. This means it's important for all of us who have a local Administrator account to know the password. A password manager is a safe way to store your passwords so they won't be forgotten.

:)

RottweilerX, Oct 12, 2022
  2. MT4084 Win User

Locked out of local administrator account

Window Version 1803

My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator resets.

Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts [​IMG]

This PC is deployed as a server for a plant SCADA system. The customer requested for the following settings:
    Account lockout duration: 0
    Account lockout threshold: 6 login attempts
    Reset account lockout counter after : 99999 minutes

After the wrong password was entered 6 times, the account became permanently locked. There is no other account to login with. There are no security questions as this is a business use account.

I have tried changing the system time in the BIOS but the account lockout status persists. T

How can I unlock my admin account?

MT4084, Oct 12, 2022
  3. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Oct 12, 2022
  4. Shahjahan Win User

Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks

Shahjahan, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts

1. Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts - Similar Threads - Aware Account Lockout

2. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  3. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  4. Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts: With the KB5020282 update, Microsoft is introducing an important new security feature. This update, which became available on October 11, 2022 can lockout a local Administrator account after too many incorrect password attempts. As Microsoft explains, this is intended to...
  5. Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Be Aware: Account Lockout for Local Administrator Accounts: With the KB5020282 update, Microsoft is introducing an important new security feature. This update, which became available on October 11, 2022 can lockout a local Administrator account after too many incorrect password attempts. As Microsoft explains, this is intended to...
  6. Account lockout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account lockout: First off, I didn't have a password on my laptop, as I only had the one account "Customer PC" and have operated this way for over two years. A week ago, I booted up my laptop, and instead of asking to sign in I usually just hit enter and it logs in, I got a "Password...
  7. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  8. Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Change Reset Account Lockout Counter for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information When you have the Account lockout duration. A disadvantage to setting Reset account lockout...
  9. Change Account Lockout Duration for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Lockout Duration for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Lockout Duration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Change Account Lockout Duration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information When you have the Reset account lockout counter after policy setting. This tutorial will show you how...
  10. Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Change Account Lockout Threshold for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information The Reset account lockout counter after. Failed password attempts on workstations or member servers...