Windows 10: Be careful with the parity corruption fix in KB4568831

Discus and support Be careful with the parity corruption fix in KB4568831 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think I'm my own worst enemy, wanting to get my system back to its normal state after seeing KB4568831 has this fix: Addresses an issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skiippy, Aug 1, 2020 at 10:22 AM.

1. Be careful with the parity corruption fix in KB4568831

I think I'm my own worst enemy, wanting to get my system back to its normal state after seeing KB4568831 has this fix:

Addresses an issue with in-memory parity bitmaps that can cause data integrity issues on Parity Storage Spaces.

I haven't seen any corruption on my parity since there was a troubleshooter released several weeks ago. The downside of this troubleshooter is that my parity drive is no longer accessible on boot, for the first minute or so. This does cause me a few issues with apps on startup if I login too soon and they see the drive missing.

So, with the parity fix in KB4568831, I set my parity drive back to automatically attach on startup, and I disabled the startup task that ran "C:\Windows\System32\SpacesTroubleshooter.exe".

I used the drive for a bit like this, and I did end up seeing corruption again. Unfortunately I'm also having issues getting the troubleshooter running properly on startup again.

I'm not sure if the new parity fix is broken, or if I'm just in a broken state due to having used the troubleshooter and then trying to go back to normal. Presumably the intention wasn't that affected parity drives always remain unavailable on boot, once the bug is fixed.

I also haven't done a super thorough investigation yet to be 100% sure on the corruption I'm seeing, so maybe I'm mistaken and chasing ghosts here. I just wanted to post this early in case anyone else tries what I did.

submitted by /u/skiippy
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. DonS49 Win User

KB4568831 not installing

No luck with method 1-3, I can not find KB4568831 in the Microsoft Update Catalog to download

3. DonS49 Win User
    KB4568831 not installing

I am presently at version 20H2 OS build 19042.388. KB4568831 is failling to install, it just loops from installing to downloading back to downloading. The following is logger in event viewer

Error Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200D: 2020-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4568831).

I have ran SFC and DISM with no errors. Deleted files in c:windows\softwaredistribution\downloads with no help. Any ideas

4. zbook Win User

Be careful with the parity corruption fix in KB4568831

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

Thema:

Be careful with the parity corruption fix in KB4568831

1. Be careful with the parity corruption fix in KB4568831 - Similar Threads - careful parity corruption

2. Unable to install 20H2 and KB4568831

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install 20H2 and KB4568831: Unable to install updates 20H2 and KB4568831. Updates are downloaded, installed, the installation reaches 100% and everything starts from the beginning, I've tried many installation methods, nothing helps....
  3. Windows Updates KB4562899 and KB4568831 Broke my DirectX?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Updates KB4562899 and KB4568831 Broke my DirectX?: [ATTACH] Hello, i got a problem on my laptop(Lenovo ideapad 330 Win10 2004). After installing the "Cumulative update Preview for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8 (KB4562899) and Cumulative Update Preview (KB4568831) on the Windows Update, launching my games seems to be having an...
  4. KB4568831 not installing

KB4568831 not installing: I am presently at version 20H2 OS build 19042.388. KB4568831 is failling to install, it just loops from installing to downloading back to downloading. The following is logger in event viewer Error Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with...
  5. PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives: Ever since updating to 2004 I have been experiencing severe corruption & chkdsk errors on my parity drives (and only parity) in storage spaces. (See any of my recent post history) I managed to reproduce the corruption on a new pool, with a new set of disks, with a new set of...
  6. Storage Spaces Parity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces Parity: Hi all, I use Windows Storage Spaces with 6 1TB drives. Using a parity setup The issue I am seeing is that when I first start copying/moving files to or from the volumes, the speeds are what I would expect approx 250-500MB/s but within around 10 seconds, the speeds drop...
  7. fix corrupt files

fix corrupt files: Hi everyone, I've been trying to update my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 for a while now I'm still running 1803. But every time I start the update it cancels at 88%, undoes all the changes made, and it gives me this error code: 0xc1900101. I tries multiple things...
  8. corruption fixes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corruption fixes: when the new version of win 10 was installed, ve.r 1903, were any errors or corruption in the previous ver. deleted of fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-fixes/b48fbd7b-4e05-4c77-9068-6e64a7a26537
  9. Fixing Corrupt Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fixing Corrupt Files?: I ran the sfc /scannow command from the command prompt to attempt to do some general maintenance. here is what I see after the scan. Code: Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete....
  10. fix corrupt files

in Windows 10 Support
    fix corrupt files: I apparently got one or some corrupted files during last update... Computer Win 7 Pro works fine but sfc/scannow etc including install repair wont fix.... will Windows 10 install fix these?? thanks toim 4907