Windows 10: Beats Headphones connect but not headset

Discus and support Beats Headphones connect but not headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get my beats studio wireless headset to connect to my pc via bluetooth so I can make calls and talk to cortana. I can connect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ROT014, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ROT014 Win User

Beats Headphones connect but not headset

I am trying to get my beats studio wireless headset to connect to my pc via bluetooth so I can make calls and talk to cortana.

I can connect the headphones (listen to music all day and adjust the volume without problems) but the hands free headset is not connecting via bluetooth so the microphone doesn't work.

When I go to sound settings, my default device is Beats Studio Stereo headphones BUT the Beats Studio Hands Free Headset is disconnected and will not connect.

I am able to connect my beats to my laptop (also running windows 10) and everything works perfectly. On my laptop, it shows both the headphones and headset (to use the microphone on the beats) as connected and I can listen to music and makes calls all day.

On my desktop

:)

ROT014, Sep 27, 2018
  2. tsur1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Beats Headphones connect but not headset [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Wireless Beats Headphones connecting to windows 10.

Hi Christopher,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Is your Wireless Beats Headphones compatible to work with Windows 10?

• Do you connect the wireless beats headphones through Bluetooth?
    Yes, you may need to install the latest drivers if there are any latest updates available for wireless beats headphones/any other hardware device to work effectively.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Note: If the wireless beats headphones is not compatible to work with Windows 10, then the headphone may not work normally/as excepted.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 27, 2018
  4. taward Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Beats Headphones connect but not headset - Similar Threads - Beats Headphones connect

2. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  3. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  4. Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones- Cannot Enable Stereo Headphones, Only Option is Headset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones- Cannot Enable Stereo Headphones, Only Option is Headset...: Windows 10 OSBeats Solo 3For some reason I can only select and get audio through the crappy Headset Hands Free AG setting.The stereo headphones don't appear as an option in the task bar, and in the Sound Control Panel it's grayed out and right clicking and connecting or...
  5. Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones- Cannot Enable Stereo Headphones, Only Option is Headset...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones- Cannot Enable Stereo Headphones, Only Option is Headset...: Windows 10 OSBeats Solo 3For some reason I can only select and get audio through the crappy Headset Hands Free AG setting.The stereo headphones don't appear as an option in the task bar, and in the Sound Control Panel it's grayed out and right clicking and connecting or...
  6. Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones- Cannot Enable Stereo Headphones, Only Option is Headset...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones Connection

Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones Connection: I have Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones and when I connect them using Bluetooth, they work on normal applications such as Microsoft Teams, Google Chrome etc. I can use my microphone built into my headphones and listen to sound at the same time. However, when I open games such...
  8. Wired Beats headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired Beats headphones not recognized: My beats headphones don't show up in my audio input/output devices, both in settings and in the device manager. When I plug my headphones in, the sound goes through but it doesn't automatically turn volume down like it does with my other Bluetooth headphones. When it's...
  9. Beats Studio Headphones

Beats Studio Headphones: Hello, I am having trouble getting my Beats headphones to pair with my laptop. I have tried to add them as a device and my laptop is not recognizing them- they are both turned on and in range. My laptop is also not recognizing my other pair of wireless ear buds. Any help...
  10. beats wireless headphone

beats wireless headphone: How do i connect my beats wireless headphone to my computer? I have the dell alien computer' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beats-wireless-headphone/b7393a93-6d8b-4c6e-a3fb-e870f129fa49

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset is connect but not headphones

2. beats headphones connecting as headset

3. beats studio 3 wireless driver error

4. beat head phones not connecting to pc,
  5. beats studio is not headset what it means,
  6. beats headphones drivers windows 10,
  7. reinstall beats audio windows 10