Windows 10: Becoming Administrator on my PC

Discus and support Becoming Administrator on my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to run SFC in Command Prompt on my Win 10 laptop. It denied me access, saying I needed Administrator privileges. When I looked up my account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jcmcfadden, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Becoming Administrator on my PC

I tried to run SFC in Command Prompt on my Win 10 laptop.

It denied me access, saying I needed Administrator privileges.

When I looked up my account (under User Accounts),

I am identified as Administrator!

How do I get Windows to recognize me as Administrator?

John

:)

jcmcfadden, Nov 17, 2018

2. No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 17, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Becoming Administrator on my PC

I am an administrator but don't have access to my documents

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How many user accounts are setup on the PC?
    I suggest you to check if issue persists in Hidden Admin account. Follow the steps to enable Hidden Admin:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type ‘net user administrator /active:yes’ and press Enter.

• Now check if issue persists on the Hidden admin account.
    Please get back to us with the results of the result of the proposed suggestion.

Giridhar J, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Becoming Administrator on my PC

1. Becoming Administrator on my PC - Similar Threads - Becoming Administrator

2. Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?: Family Safety app: cant change the administrator status of child into member, whatnot do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-app-how-to-have-my-child-become-a/35653547-0e68-4058-9022-5e681856f7a8
  3. Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?: Family Safety app: cant change the administrator status of child into member, whatnot do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-app-how-to-have-my-child-become-a/35653547-0e68-4058-9022-5e681856f7a8
  4. Family safety app how to have my child become a member and not administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how to become an Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to become an Administrator account: Yesterday I accidentally deleted the Administrator account status. How do I make my account Administrator again, but none of the existing accounts are Administrators...
  6. how to become an Administrator account

how to become an Administrator account: Yesterday I accidentally deleted the Administrator account status. How do I make my account Administrator again, but none of the existing accounts are Administrators...
  7. how did my husband become my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how did my husband become my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** administrator?: my husband has *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acct i have the above outlook email addressi created my outlook email address on my desktop computer not his 2 separate computers ive never used his computer until now, im sending this message from his desktop. how...
  8. how did my husband become my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** administrator?

how did my husband become my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** administrator?: my husband has *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acct i have the above outlook email addressi created my outlook email address on my desktop computer not his 2 separate computers ive never used his computer until now, im sending this message from his desktop. how...
  9. how did my husband become my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** administrator?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  10. how to become administrator

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to become administrator: I have just installed windows from scratch.I cannot delete any desktop shortcuts and I get this message.anyone has a solution how to become my pc's administrator?...