Windows 10: Been crashing for months cant figure out why

Discus and support Been crashing for months cant figure out why in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have been having a problem since mid October now, I have been to several forums gotten into contact with AMD and noone has been able to help this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GagneWest, Feb 3, 2021.

1. GagneWest Win User

Been crashing for months cant figure out why

Hi I have been having a problem since mid October now, I have been to several forums gotten into contact with AMD and noone has been able to help this far. I had recently upgrade a few components in my pc being my Motherboard, CPU and RAM. Started with a clean install of windows but soon after I started to notice crashing I don't get bluescreens my computer just dies and turns back on right away. So I tried a bunch of fixes when I noticed this was not a 1 off deal and it kept happening. People were telling me it was my ram I ran windows memtest and memtest86 no errors, still not convinced I even replaced the ram. Soon after the subject changed to it being my PSU so I swapped that to I upgraded from a 450W to a 750W, still crashing after. Temps all look fine, I stress tested my pc and the temps all hover around 80 but max thermal is around 95 so I shouldn't be having a problem there. I performed CMOS on my bios, still crashing. I reinstalled gpu drivers multiple times by wiping it with DDU and fresh installing. I am starting to get a little frustrated so I will leave some error codes I have been getting in hopes that someone who is good with computers can help me diagnose this problem.

My Current Build

GPU - GTX 1060 3GB

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 3600MHZ C18

PSU - Modular 80+ Bronze 750W

Mobo - ASUS Prime X570-P

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x with stock cooler

Some of the errors and dumps I have been getting.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

My dumps conflicting files

- ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+44f5ae fffff807`04e00000 fffff807`05e46000 0x01046000 0xed9dc31e 2096-04-29 7:01:34 AM

- dxgmms2.sys dxgmms2.sys+a7a05 fffff801`35b10000 fffff801`35bf1000 0x000e1000 0x81055c4e 2038-08-05 4:09:34 AM

-ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+2de1f7 fffff801`26c00000 fffff801`27c46000 0x01046000 0xed9dc31e 2096-04-29 7:01:34 -watchdog.sys watchdog.sys+3ad0 fffff801`351b0000 fffff801`351c8000 0x00018000 0x4493508b 2006-06-16 7:44:59 PM

:)

GagneWest, Feb 3, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 3, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Been crashing for months cant figure out why - Similar Threads - Been crashing months

2. BSOD cant figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD cant figure it out: Good morning,I have updated all drivers, turned UAC on, updated windows, etc and this one laptop keeps crashing with the same errors. I am hoping someone can analyze the dump file because I can't make any sense of...
  3. BSOD cant figure it out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD cant figure it out: Good morning,I have updated all drivers, turned UAC on, updated windows, etc and this one laptop keeps crashing with the same errors. I am hoping someone can analyze the dump file because I can't make any sense of...
  4. BSOD cant figure it out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver: Hi! I cannot figure out what driver is causing the crash. I have attached the minidump record https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWbX3cpMNkGmjzpfVgN1TjzcPwx?e=gqz4h3...
  6. Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Crash Issue- Cant figure out what driver: Hi! I cannot figure out what driver is causing the crash. I have attached the minidump record https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWbX3cpMNkGmjzpfVgN1TjzcPwx?e=gqz4h3...
  7. Help figuring out why OpenFile dialog crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Help figuring out why OpenFile dialog crashes: I'm writing a piece of code with Lazarus IDE (free pascal). When I invoke the Open dialog widget while in debug mode (with gdb), the program crashes. Something is tripping up GDB because when I run it in release mode, the program proceeds normally. I'm running under Windows...
  8. Continuous crashes can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes can't figure out why: Recently my laptop keeps crashing whenever I try to do something normal on it... sometimes it crashes suddenly after logging in and sometimes I can use it for like 4-8 hours in a stretchI tried searching on the event logs and couldn't find anything which points towards the...
  9. Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why: I have a 2080s Black. I have been crashing during path of exile during different situations nothing specific in game is crashing me as far as I can figure out. After researching the exemption code error I came across a lot of possible reasons this was happening. I have -...
  10. Cant figure this one out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant figure this one out.: So my pc been restarting on me. I been running test trying to find out what's cause it. Today I notice my memory in task manager says 2.2/7.9 gb. I have 2x8gb ram stick in my pc. Under system it shows 16gb but only 7.9 is usable. Do I have a bad ram stick? submitted by...