Windows 10: Been delaying an update for about a year now

Discus and support Been delaying an update for about a year now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is going to be a stupid question but I pretty much need this laptop at every moment, and it's my fault for doing this but i've been delaying an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paulgrylls, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Been delaying an update for about a year now

This is going to be a stupid question but I pretty much need this laptop at every moment, and it's my fault for doing this but i've been delaying an update since last January (damn Windows releases an update every other day now adays is what it feels like). At first I was just in the middle of stuff and didn't want to reboot just for that. Kept delaying it until like July because it would randomly pop up while i'd be gaming and i'll be in the middle of pressing keys and the notification will pop up asking me to 'Wait Another Hour' or 'Ok' and it'll just register any key I press as 'OK'.

And it's the most infuriating thing ever because of how interruptive this is to me.So one day I just decided to let it restart and the damn thing took almost 2 hours and still was barely like 20%, so I forced shutdown and have been stalling updates since and I feel like I have 2 days worth of updates stored up at this point. Is there anyway to check how long it will take? So I can allot some time to it? I feel like I should do this when i'm asleep but i'm afraid that if I sleep like 8 hours, i'll wake up and it'll still be like 30% lol.

submitted by /u/paulgrylls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paulgrylls, Dec 2, 2020

2. delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 2, 2020
  3. Motim Win User
    File Explorer Freezes Sometimes

Hello,Thanks for the answer.Sorry for my delayed respond.Well,microsoft supports 1809 until May 2020, so I will stay with it for a while.Then going step by step and upgrade to 1903 first, install updates etc.Thanks again

Motim, Dec 2, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Been delaying an update for about a year now

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Been delaying an update for about a year now :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Been delaying an update for about a year now

1. Been delaying an update for about a year now - Similar Threads - Been delaying update

2. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  3. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  4. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, and League of Legends- Running Chrome or even...
  5. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, and League of Legends- Running Chrome or even...
  6. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, League of Legends- Running Chrome or even Word...
  7. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, League of Legends- Running Chrome or even Word...
  8. Will Windows 11 update EVER roll out, been hearing about it for a year now???!!!

Will Windows 11 update EVER roll out, been hearing about it for a year now???!!!: Will Windows 11 update EVER roll out, been hearing about it for a year now???!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-update-ever-roll-out-been-hearing/7b84055f-9b54-43f0-ad2d-f8b9d996673c
  9. Will Windows 11 update EVER roll out, been hearing about it for a year now???!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 update EVER roll out, been hearing about it for a year now???!!!: Will Windows 11 update EVER roll out, been hearing about it for a year now???!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-11-update-ever-roll-out-been-hearing/7b84055f-9b54-43f0-ad2d-f8b9d996673c
  10. I can delay Windows 10 updates for years

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can delay Windows 10 updates for years: [ATTACH] Is this normal? I can delay my windows 10 updates for years. I like that bc I dont give a sh.t about updates.. Im just wondering =P. I know, I know.. ;-)...