Windows 10: Been getting a lot of random blue screens for a while now

Discus and support Been getting a lot of random blue screens for a while now in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. For some reason, my relatively new laptop probably like 3-4 months old at this point has been suffering from some infrequent BSOD's. This only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yabeye, Dec 19, 2020.

1. yabeye Win User

Been getting a lot of random blue screens for a while now

Hello. For some reason, my relatively new laptop probably like 3-4 months old at this point has been suffering from some infrequent BSOD's. This only really started happening two months into my ownership of the product, and usually it happens during gaming. 99% of the time it's during a game of League of Legends or, just now, right before one had even started, which had prompted me to believe that it may be due to a faulty interaction between my laptop and the game. However, on one other instance, it had occurred while I was in the midst of playing something else.

Unfortunately for me, I had also been getting the "161" Error during each and every one of these crashes. Despite Windows claiming to not have created any dump file, however, it still appears to be creating a dump file in the "LiveKernelReports" folder. So, here it is: Dump file

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with the dump file. The fact that I'm still getting Error 161 leads me to believe that there probably is, but hopefully this won't prove to be yet another obstacle. For future reference, I don't utilize any disk cleaning software like CCleaner that may automatically clear up my dump files.

Thanks in advance.

:)

yabeye, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Trying to diagnose random blue screens

This is a Windows 10 Professional desktop, built seven years ago. It is starting to fail, with almost daily blue screens, and I'm trying to guess what part is failing. The candiates are naturally the motherboard, a RAM stick, or a video card.

The errors are almost always different, and there is almost never a culprit announced. Here are some examples:

• MEMORY_MMANAGEMENT
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (mcdbus.sys)
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Eventually I will have to start removing all parts one by one, but I was wondering if these errors might suggest which part to check first.

Martin Argerami, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Been getting a lot of random blue screens for a while now

Random Blue Screen Errors

On my Lenovo-All in One, I get random blue screen errors when the computer sits idle for a couple hours.

STOPCODE: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys

I need to power off the computer, but each time it successfully reboots, fortunately.

Any suggestions?

timdillivan, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Been getting a lot of random blue screens for a while now

1. Been getting a lot of random blue screens for a while now - Similar Threads - Been getting lot

2. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now: Hello, for a while now months I had been receiving in order of frequency DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbsod messages.Looking online for a specific fix had led me to dead end after dead end, as no one situation...
  3. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now: Hello, for a while now months I had been receiving in order of frequency DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbsod messages.Looking online for a specific fix had led me to dead end after dead end, as no one situation...
  4. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer has been getting a blue screen for a while now and I was wondering if anyone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been getting a blue screen for a while now and I was wondering if anyone...: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff80505afb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the problemBucket...
  6. My computer has been getting a blue screen for a while now and I was wondering if anyone...

My computer has been getting a blue screen for a while now and I was wondering if anyone...: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff80505afb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the problemBucket...
  7. My computer has been getting a blue screen for a while now and I was wondering if anyone...

8. Blue screen error for a while now

Blue screen error for a while now: Had blue screen error thats happens quite often, After it crashes once it normally holds out for the rest of the day. Ive tried running windows memory diagnotic and nothing, Tried running Prime95 but im not a technical kinda guy so its a little confusing. i have a mini dump...
  9. Getting random BSODs for a while now

Getting random BSODs for a while now: Hello, I'm about to get mad whit this because I have literally no idea about what may be causing my pc to crash, basically I've been getting BSODs randomly while gaming or just watching videos on youtube... I must say that I have already formatted my pc and still got the...
  10. Getting a lot of blue screens

Getting a lot of blue screens: For the past couple months, I've been getting a lot of blue screens with different codes (IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL being one of them.) My PC is custom built, here are the specs: OS: Windows 64bit CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz (no overclock) RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX...