Windows 10: Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now

Discus and support Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did an update a few weeks ago that failed, and it tells me "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later." This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_FluteBoy, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now

I did an update a few weeks ago that failed, and it tells me "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later."

This is the error message: "2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389) - Error 0x80070017"

I've tried restarting, and retrying the update, but it just keeps failing. I've gotten other updates in the meantime.

Anyone know what I should do?

submitted by /u/A_FluteBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_FluteBoy, Oct 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Oct 30, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now

1. Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now - Similar Threads - Been getting Updates

2. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now: Hello, for a while now months I had been receiving in order of frequency DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbsod messages.Looking online for a specific fix had led me to dead end after dead end, as no one situation...
  3. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now: Hello, for a while now months I had been receiving in order of frequency DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALbsod messages.Looking online for a specific fix had led me to dead end after dead end, as no one situation...
  4. Been getting cryptic Blue Screens every few days / weeks for a while now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Been having BSOD on Windows 10 past few weeks.

Been having BSOD on Windows 10 past few weeks.: Hello, I currently still having a BSOD past few weeks, maybe once a day. I've reinstalled Corsair drivers and NVIDIA drivers since those were most common. I've also used the intel driver assistant and windows update and everything seems up to date. Using driver...
  6. Been having BSOD on Windows 10 past few weeks.

Been having BSOD on Windows 10 past few weeks.: Hello, I've been having the Blue Screen crash on my Windows 10 very intermittently. Happens once everytime I use PC and it restarts and works fine. Weird thing is that first time it happened was while I was extracting a large .7z file while installing an update on...
  7. Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.

Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.: Hello. Several BSODs over the past few weeks. It *seems* related to connecting an MP3 player via USB port to transfer files. In any case I've attached the V2 log collection. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) 173323
  8. Windows files get corrupted every few weeks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows files get corrupted every few weeks: I had bought a Dell laptop that came pre installed with Windows 10 Home and MS Office Student edition. Off late it has started to become a real pain in the ass. Somehow files get corrupted and i have to reinstall windows to fix the issue and then a few weeks later, same issue...
  9. Been getting BSOD's past couple of weeks

Been getting BSOD's past couple of weeks: Hello, I have been getting BSOD's on my computer for the past couple of weeks. They've been saying different things but it's been: 3/15: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 3/20: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 3/30: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE Stuff I've done: I've ran sfc /scannow a...
  10. I've been at this for a week now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been at this for a week now: I've been getting error 56 Where I can't use the internet Says I don't have a etherent cable connected when I do and it has a warning symbol on the driver's I've tried everything from cmd to shell to uninstalling and installing the driver's and resetting I've troubleshooted...