Windows 10: Been getting automated calls saying they are from MS

Discus and support Been getting automated calls saying they are from MS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The caller says that they have noticed that the MS account key has been comprised at my IP address and they want me to press a number on my phone to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TJ_304, Feb 9, 2021.

1. TJ_304 Win User

Been getting automated calls saying they are from MS

The caller says that they have noticed that the MS account key has been comprised at my IP address and they want me to press a number on my phone to talk to customer support to fix it. So far I have gotten the same call 2 days in a row, but I hang up. I am assuming this is a scam... correct?

:)

TJ_304, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Been getting automated calls saying they are from MS - Similar Threads - Been getting automated

2. Why does my created task RUN when manually called for but when automated it says, "request...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my created task RUN when manually called for but when automated it says, "request...: I have created a task on my Windows 10 PC which is up to date as of 11/24/2021It's for running FreeFileSync every 30 minutes. It will run successfully when run from FreeFileSync and also when RUN manually from Task Scheduler but does not run when the next time the task...
  3. Why does my created task RUN when manually called for but when automated it says, "request...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my created task RUN when manually called for but when automated it says, "request...: I have created a task on my Windows 10 PC which is up to date as of 11/24/2021It's for running FreeFileSync every 30 minutes. It will run successfully when run from FreeFileSync and also when RUN manually from Task Scheduler but does not run when the next time the task...
  4. Is there a way to automate find/replace in MS Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to automate find/replace in MS Word?: I know there is macros and other shortcuts, so I was wondering if there is a way to do something like this, or to its effect. I have a document "my_document_XXXX" and the phrase 'XXXX' appears in multiple places in the document. So I was wondering if there is a way where if...
  5. Robo call saying from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robo call saying from Microsoft: I received a call from 213-584-5845, which was a robo call saying hackers were trying to get my personal info from my computer. I did not press 1 as instructed. Is this legit?...
  6. Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft: I have just had a call from a guy claiming to be from Microsoft saying I have problems with my computer. He is saying that my computer is open to hackers gaining access to my personal information and that he would talk me through sorting it out. There was no way I was going...
  7. Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft

Scams fake calls say they are from Mixrosoft: I was called at 13.08 on Wednesday 20th March 2019 by someone claiming to be from Microsoft . This was the second call in two days from someone saying that they were from Microsoft, I put the 'phone down on the first caller saying that I did not talk to scammers. On this...
  8. Call from someone saying they are from Windows

Call from someone saying they are from Windows: Hi guys, yet again I have had another call from a telephone number of 0049201272532 saying they are from Windows. Told them I would connect them to the IT Department, came back on the phone. She said to me that could I tell her what was wrong with her computer. I explained...
  9. Getting calls from a Microsoft rep

Getting calls from a Microsoft rep: I have been recieving calls from a man who claims to be from microsoft and my computer is reporting malicious threats and since it is free from Microsoft i am to do what he says to remove the threats He has my IP address when i asked where it is reporting from. Is this...
  10. Unsolicited phone calls from MS

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsolicited phone calls from MS: How do I resolve the number of calls I am getting from MS by people I cannot understand? How do I know they are valid? 18407