Windows 10: Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now

Discus and support Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So around this time last year my PC was constantly throwing out BSODs under heavy load. After days of troubleshooting with nothing working I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexWroniak, May 19, 2020.

1. Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now

So around this time last year my PC was constantly throwing out BSODs under heavy load. After days of troubleshooting with nothing working I finally just had to reinstall Windows. Since then I have switched out most of the hardware in my PC. Around the start of April, my PC again began spitting out BSODs maybe once a day or so, even when it was idle. In fact it seemed more common at idle. They were also a different BSOD almost every time. Again after days of troubleshooting with nothing working I had to reinstall Windows. And now again I'm getting the same issue, random BSODs, around once a day, usually when the PC is idle. What on earth could be going on?! In this new wave so far I had KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED twice, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL twice, and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

:)

AlexWroniak, May 19, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 19, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

Thema:

Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now

1. Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now - Similar Threads - Been Getting Waves

2. Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year: I've been trying to get my Xbox app on PC to work for the longest time and have tried so many solutions but nothing has worked. I started another thread almost three months ago and the last message I received from anyone was on the 27th November. I've been chasing and chasing...
  3. Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.: When I open the file explorer and drag any file, there is a high probability that a blank icon will appear in the preview image of this file. The icon is missing or there is an icon but the background of the icon is white instead of the transparent state under the win10...
  4. Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft needs to fix this, it has been over a year now.: When I open the file explorer and drag any file, there is a high probability that a blank icon will appear in the preview image of this file. The icon is missing or there is an icon but the background of the icon is white instead of the transparent state under the win10...
  5. Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year: When I open the Xbox App, it's stuck on the black screen and pulsing logo. The only way I've managed to get to the home screen is by right-clicking on the tray icon and clicking 'redeem code'. I am not signed in to the app when it opens, and am unable to sign in. Clicking on...
  6. Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year: When I open the Xbox App, it's stuck on the black screen and pulsing logo. The only way I've managed to get to the home screen is by right-clicking on the tray icon and clicking 'redeem code'. I am not signed in to the app when it opens, and am unable to sign in. Clicking on...
  7. Random BSOD Errors - For a Year

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Errors - For a Year: So for the past year since around September I have been experiencing a wide range of BSOD erros, I thought it was me simply causing issues with software so I wiped my computer and then it worked for a while. Today I found out my network card that I installed could cause...
  8. Getting random BSODs for a while now

Getting random BSODs for a while now: Hello, I'm about to get mad whit this because I have literally no idea about what may be causing my pc to crash, basically I've been getting BSODs randomly while gaming or just watching videos on youtube... I must say that I have already formatted my pc and still got the...
  9. BSOD's, random time, random codes, for over a year now. Dumps enclosed

BSOD's, random time, random codes, for over a year now. Dumps enclosed: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...
  10. Daily Random BSOD for a Year Now...HELP!

Daily Random BSOD for a Year Now...HELP!: I'm really at my wit's end. Been getting random BSODs since last year. Did all the troubleshooting stuffs that I could think of. Badly need your help. BSOD messages are too random that I can't identify what is causing it. Steps done: Replaced old HDD that has numerous bad...