Windows 10: Been having trouble with computer randomly freezing and shutting off

Discus and support Been having trouble with computer randomly freezing and shutting off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having an irritating problem with my laptop ever since I got it from Amazon and it's starting to really piss me off. For some reason, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/You-cant-stop-me07, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Been having trouble with computer randomly freezing and shutting off

I've been having an irritating problem with my laptop ever since I got it from Amazon and it's starting to really piss me off. For some reason, my laptop will just randomly freeze and give me this weird looking screen and shut off by iteself. Sometimes the screen it gives me will look a little bit different but for the most part, the result is the same. I have no idea what causes it or what it even means. The thing that really ticks me off the most is that this is supposed to be a brand new computer that I bought from Amazon but even since I've gotten it, this keeps happening. I've kept my laptop in very good condition ever since I've gotten it, so what gives? Does anyone know what causes this or how I can go about fixing this?

submitted by /u/You-cant-stop-me07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/You-cant-stop-me07, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 17, 2020
  3. DeeB61 Win User
    Computer shuts down or freezes up

I have a HP Pavilion and in the last few months I've had trouble with my computer shutting down randomly or freezing up. I reset it and keep my files, but it hasn't helped. Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks

DeeB61, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Been having trouble with computer randomly freezing and shutting off

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Been having trouble with computer randomly freezing and shutting off

1. Been having trouble with computer randomly freezing and shutting off - Similar Threads - Been having trouble

2. My computer sometimes randomly freezes and has trouble shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer sometimes randomly freezes and has trouble shutting down.: It's been doing this for the past couple of months. I don't understand why though. When I make the firmware check for problems with the hardware it insists that there are no problems. I've even tried reinstalling windows and not even that worked. It feels like nothing I try...
  3. My computer sometimes randomly freezes and has trouble shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer sometimes randomly freezes and has trouble shutting down.: It's been doing this for the past couple of months. I don't understand why though. When I make the firmware check for problems with the hardware it insists that there are no problems. I've even tried reinstalling windows and not even that worked. It feels like nothing I try...
  4. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  5. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes / turns off randomly: So my Computer freezes or turns off randomly. The weird thing about this is that it usually happens 1-2 times a day and only when I just booted the pc. I usually just hard restart it and sometimes it happens again but sometimes it does not. And after the seccond reboot it...
  6. Computer freezes / turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer randomly shuts off.

Computer randomly shuts off.: Hi everyone. My pc randomly shuts off. To get some stuff out of the way: It's not an overheating issue. Thermal paste + 6 Arctis coolers There's no dust in the pc Windows and gpu drivers are up to date Nothing is overclocked There are no viruses in the pc, windows defender...
  8. Computer randomly shuts off when not in use

Computer randomly shuts off when not in use: I have been noticing that sometimes when I leave my Laptop running with the lid shut, I will come back to it hours later to find it has shut off. other times the fan will be running for some time after closing the lid. One time, I shut the lid one afternoon, and when I...
  9. Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot: Hi. First of all I'd like to apologize if I'm vague or unclear at any point. English isn't my first language but I will attempt to explain everything as good as I can. Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) For a few months now my computer has been randomly fully...
  10. My Computer randomly shuts off

My Computer randomly shuts off: Everyday about 1 to 5 minutes after I starting my computer , My computer shuts off, Then afterwards when i try to start my computer again, nothing appears on my monitor even though The computer is clearly on, after a few minutes of being on but with a black screen my computer...