Windows 10: Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer...

Discus and support Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Funnyfun45 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Funnyfun45, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer...

/u/Funnyfun45, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Corvs Win User

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer... [​IMG]

and this was the system before restoring it:

Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer... [​IMG]

Corvs, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Corvs Win User
    Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Product: Pavillion 550-103na
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to reset OK. But it got worse, now I start the PC, it gets the black screen and the HP logo, it then goes to a blue screen asking for location, click next, it says error and needs an update, click next to connect to WiFi as instructed and it restarts itself and loops back to the first screen asking for location. I don't have an external drive or anything, what can I do to get this set up again? It was bought in 2107 but barely used, it's practically brand new from lack of use so I just don't understand the problem.

Corvs, Sep 17, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer...

Computer stuck in loop

Since you didn't mention it, did you reset the CMOS?

Also, if the CMOS isn't the case, a looping/restarting computer could have to do with the CPU overheating.

erocker, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer...

1. Been stuck in this restart loop for about a month now. Tried factory resetting my computer... - Similar Threads - Been stuck restart

2. I did a full factory reset and it's been stuck on 99% for about 34 hours now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did a full factory reset and it's been stuck on 99% for about 34 hours now.: I had Windows 10 but it was originally a Windows 7. Considering it's not supported anymore, would that be why it's "stuck"? I don't know the specs but it's an ASUS ROG G75v. submitted by /u/p-sychi [link] [comments]...
  3. My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been BSOD for about a month now: My PC keeps on BSOD and its always because of ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys. I only blue screen when I am playing games. I have factory reset my PC and scanned my hard drive, used /sfc scan now and the lot. I just came here to see if anyone could help. ntoskrnl.exe:...
  4. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  5. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  6. Help I Factory Reset my computer and now it is finished it is in a loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help I Factory Reset my computer and now it is finished it is in a loop.: I factory reset-ed my computer and when it finished it was like normal"ex: when is your home country/region...ect" then it says windows cant start up your computer and we think a update will help so we set up the internet, then it says Just a moment then after a couple...
  7. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  8. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  9. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  10. Restart Loop After Factory Reset

Restart Loop After Factory Reset: I've tried doing reseach on what the problem is, and from what I've gathered, this is a bug, but I havent seen anyone say how I can fix it w/o having to download something. But heres my story: My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15 that I've had for about 2 years now, was running slow...