Windows 10: Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now

Discus and support Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This problem has been driving me absolutely crazy for almost a year now. My PC tells me that support for version 1803 has ran out since like November... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMGTurbo45, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now

This problem has been driving me absolutely crazy for almost a year now. My PC tells me that support for version 1803 has ran out since like November and wants me to update but my computer refuses to do so and says "Undoing changes made to your computer" in a black screen after the first restart of the PC. I have tried almost everything I can think of and even done a USB stick update from the Desktop and still the same issue. When I try to update from the default windows updater I get no error message, the computer just restarts and says what I put above but when I do it through the USB stick it gives me this error: "0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation" The worst part about this is that I can't even ignore it because Windows tells me 3-4 days later to update again and it's the same thing happening. If someone could please help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

PS I think it's trying to update to Version 1903

:)

AMGTurbo45, Jun 30, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Rayds Win User
    Windows 10 Home Stuck on Version 1803

My Desktop is running Windows 10 Home Version 1803, OS 17134.471 yet my Laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home Version 1809, OS 17763.134. Why is my Desktop "stuck" on an old version even though Windows Update checks everyday? Thank you.

Rayds, Jun 30, 2020
  4. juice boi Win User

Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now

Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

im using only windows defender

resetting windows update components does not help

I tried updating with the media creation tool, and got the MSI logo stuck again, and upon restarting and rolling back, it gave me this error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

I decided to follow all the steps listed here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ot-problems-updating?ocid=20SMC10164Windows10 but
    this did not help

I looked up the error code, and realized I had another issue I may of had to solve before updating (my 4.8 NET framework), but that was causing the same MSI logo freeze on restart. HOWEVER, I managed to update it after I used the offline 4.8 NET framework installer
    here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-8-on-windows-10-version-1709-windows-10-vers

So now my computer says it's up to date, and is no longer telling me my computer is no longer in service. However, I cannot update to a more recent version of windows, because even after fixing these updates, I get the MSI logo freeze when I try upgrading with
    the Media Creation Tool you linked above.

So am I stuck on version 1803 now?

juice boi, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now

1. Been stuck on Windows 10 Home 1803 for almost a year now - Similar Threads - Been stuck Home

2. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  3. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  4. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Been delaying an update for about a year now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been delaying an update for about a year now: This is going to be a stupid question but I pretty much need this laptop at every moment, and it's my fault for doing this but i've been delaying an update since last January (damn Windows releases an update every other day now adays is what it feels like). At first I was...
  6. So I’ve been getting these blue screen quite often for almost a year now. I’ve factory...

So I’ve been getting these blue screen quite often for almost a year now. I’ve factory...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GambitEk1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iumezd/so_ive_been_getting_these_blue_screen_quite_often/
  7. Windows 10 Home Stuck at Version 1803

Windows 10 Home Stuck at Version 1803: Just a few weeks earlier, my PC was running quite smoothly (as smooth as a five year old device can run anyway), having recently updated to version 1903 of Windows 10 Pro, and paused the following feature updates as I'd heard horror stories about them. Then my hard disk...
  8. Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709)

Cannot update Windows, been almost a year (stuck on 1709): First post here, been googling for solutions for a long time but gave up until now. Basically I'm on 1709 trying to update to 1903, but I'm getting the "your current driver may be better" error when trying to run update. I've tried changing the download folder via symlink,...
  9. Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years: Help please I'm on a GE72 Apache Pro. Every time I try to update, everything works can download and install it UNTIL it reboots. It gets stuck on the MSI logo. From there, the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button, which undos the update and brings...
  10. Windows 10 Home Stuck on Version 1803

Windows 10 Home Stuck on Version 1803: My Desktop is running Windows 10 Home Version 1803, OS 17134.471 yet my Laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home Version 1809, OS 17763.134. Why is my Desktop "stuck" on an old version even though Windows Update checks everyday? Thank you....