Windows 10: been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better

Discus and support been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; absolutely - needs ctrl t to open new tab like in chrome and other things - a basic usable 'file explorer' needs to have this basic thing - needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by win10user999, Jun 14, 2020.

1. been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better

absolutely
    - needs ctrl t to open new tab like in chrome and other things
    - a basic usable 'file explorer' needs to have this basic thing
    - needs to show what file type it is right in the 'file name'

i think that's it for now
    other than that a clean minimalist ui preferred

oh,
    absolutely
    - needs to remember what page you last closed on and open that
    - like many other things does

other basic things other apps software does preferred in case they come up in future

:)

win10user999, Jun 14, 2020

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 14, 2020
  4. been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better

File Explorer crashes.

Hi John,

The crash issue that you are experiencing with File Explorer can occur due to several reasons, such as, corrupted system files, missing system files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps yet? If yes, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better

1. been using 'file explorer' getting sick of it need better - Similar Threads - been using 'file

2. I need someone to please call me ive been dealing with this issue for ages and im sick of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need someone to please call me ive been dealing with this issue for ages and im sick of it: My bluetooth headset used to work but after a driver update windows will only recognize it as a telephone quality. Its an audio technica ath-m50x and it used to work just fine. But now it wont connect and ive paid **** 30 dollars for a driver update software and it will still...
  3. Need Help With Using File Explorer to Arrange Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Using File Explorer to Arrange Files and Folders: I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 2004, and am having trouble using the File Explorer feature. I'm not sure just how to explain/describe the problem, but will try, hoping that it makes sense. My favorite place for saving things has always been to my desktop; that...
  4. Need to Use File Explorer but Is Asking To Use An App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Use File Explorer but Is Asking To Use An App: I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I've been getting furious at the fact when I download something it asks me to use an app, which then I use an app then I realize it won't work since I need File Explorer to be able to use this download correctly. More...
  5. Sick of It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sick of It: I have been working with PCs since the 8086 ... I have been through MsDoS (all versions) as well as Windows since 3.11 for workgroups ... it seems as though MS has not been able to get it right since MsDoS 4.0 ... anyone remember the parity errors? Anyone remember all the...
  6. Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686: Dark themes have become popular these days, and the apps are also in process of adopting the new trend. Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system lets you enable the dark theme almost everywhere, and the rival Apple is also investing in dark themes for its products. The core...
  7. I need a better browser

in Browsers and Email
    I need a better browser: Specifically, I need a browser that can send pages (not just URLs) by e-mail. It would be nice if it saved pages in MFT or similar one-piece formats, too. Any suggestions? 84395
  8. Getting sick of windows errors/lose files after sleep/restart...

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting sick of windows errors/lose files after sleep/restart...: Hi Ever since I installed windows 10 and I'm having those random issues after waking up from sleep / restart or shutdown. (fast startup disabled no difference) Those issues mainly are: 1- Files and folders disappearing despite their date creation. Mostly on secondary...
  9. Using File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Using File Explorer: In Windows 7 when I open Windows Explorer it comes up with a very simple window that has very basic tabs, Organise, Share With Burn, New Folder. Organise then has a very basic drop down menu. When I use File Explorer in Windows 10 it comes up with a much more detailed menu...
  10. Sick of ads

in Windows 10 Support
    Sick of ads: Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of these stupid ads. I've got all notifications OFF and I still get these @#(*^%$ ads. I did a search and basically they talk about getting rid of ads from browsers. 101172