Windows 10: Beep sound when logging in (like the "sticky keys" noise)

Discus and support Beep sound when logging in (like the "sticky keys" noise) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all. So my dad's laptop has been having this strange quirk that whenever he logs in the system makes a beep sound and it sounds exactly like when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DXxs9, Aug 28, 2019.

1. DXxs9 Win User

Beep sound when logging in (like the "sticky keys" noise)

Hi all.

So my dad's laptop has been having this strange quirk that whenever he logs in the system makes a beep sound and it sounds exactly like when you turn on the accessibility feature "sticky keys" but it only beeps once and only when he logs in. Does anyone know what that is all about? The computer was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

I don't have access to my dad's computer right now so I'm not able to fix it, I'm asking you for advice what the problem could be.

:)

DXxs9, Aug 28, 2019
  2. RunFL Win User

Hearing beeping noise while pressing q button on keyboard

Original Title: Hearing a beeping noise when I press Q

My Q key started emitting a beeping noise in my headphones when I use it, once when I press it and once when I release it (kind of sounds like push-to-talk). Sometimes I will even hear the default windows 'alert noise' in addition to the beeping. I disabled
    sticky keys and filter keys to no avail and haven't found anything in my 'ease of access' settings that would cause this. I use my Q key a lot when gaming, sometimes holding it down for 5-10 seconds, so I figure it must have started there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

RunFL, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Kbaw Win User
    Alt key is beeping

I don't know what I pressed and what I did but when ever I press the left alt key it would make this beeping sound and its not from sticky key it makes this low sound that would be in Mario or something like that. Also when ever I press x it makes a chime
    noise. Please tell me that I can fix this without resetting my whole pc. Thank you in advance

4. doncole Win User

Sticky Keys

If you push the shift key 5 times a prompt comes up asking if want Sticky Keys or not.
    If you select yes then the next time you hit the Shift, Control, Alt or Window key, a beep sounds and the next key you hit will be effected by the Sticky Key.

This very handy if you can only type with one hand.

For example if you hit the shift key, hear the beep, and the next key you hit is p it will come out P. if you hit p again without hitting the shift key again it will come out p. Supposedly.

After series of uses my Sticky Keys sticks (won't shut off).
    To shut it off I hit the shift key 5 times or until I hear a funny beep.

Is there an easier way to shut it off? Preferably from the key board?

Don Cole

doncole, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Beep sound when logging in (like the "sticky keys" noise) - Similar Threads - Beep sound logging

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  5. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  6. computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.: computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano. Sound is from CPU. It cause problem when no other hardware connected like monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is not even connected to network lan cable. I took it to hardware store. They did some cleaning and it...
  7. computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.

computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.: computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano. Sound is from CPU. It cause problem when no other hardware connected like monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. It is not even connected to network lan cable. I took it to hardware store. They did some cleaning and it...
  8. computer not starting making beeping. 4 beep sound like piano.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My P key makes a beep sound when pressed.: Everytime the 'P' key is pressed it beeps and when on file explorer pressing P selects pictures folder. Hardware troubleshooting says nothing needs troubleshooting. The 'P' still inputs just makes an annoying sound while doing so....
  10. Beeping noises

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Beeping noises: Hi, a few days ago my laptop started making random beeping noises, even when muted. I didn't have this problem at all on Linux. submitted by /u/friedcouch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji5brd/beeping_noises/