Windows 10: Beeping noise after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Beeping noise after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 I have this beeping noise on my computer. Sometimes it's a single beep, sometimes double. I have tried changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Worcblue, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Worcblue Win User

Beeping noise after Windows 10 upgrade

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 I have this beeping noise on my computer. Sometimes it's a single beep, sometimes double.
    I have tried changing system sounds, turning off notification sounds. Of all the system sounds available that were switched on for some function or another, the sound that matched was 'windows information bar'. This is what the beeping sounds like, but it is louder than when I press the test button. I found every function that used this sound, and then changed the sounds to "none". Problem persisted. I then changed the sound scheme to "no sounds", but the problem is persisting.
    When I place volume on mute, the sound disappears, so it is definitely coming through the speakers.
    I am running an Acer Aspire R14 core i7.
    I have checked for audio driver updates
    I have recorded the beeping and can upload if necessary.
    I would be grateful for any assistance, thank you.

:)

Worcblue, Aug 12, 2015

2. Beeping noise after Windows 10 upgrade

what does it mean by elevated command prompt

Nur AdilahIbrahim, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Beeping noise after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello !

I might have the perfect solution as it worked for me. Disconnect the inbuilt card reader from the reader slot. I hope it will work for you too.

Simple and elegant solution. Cheers !

SubodhPoudyal, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Kblacckk Win User

Finally! Thank you! Somebody else with the same issue! I updated my Aspire R13 i7 to Windows 10 (previously using Windows 8 with no problems) and ever since it has beeped-- usually when I'm multitasking. Let me know if you figure anything out.

Kblacckk, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Worcblue Win User
    Worcblue, Aug 26, 2015
  6. saratojo Win User
    Here's what solved this for me. It appears that if you have Clipmate installed, then Clipmate (by default) "boings" you 1) when another app clears the clipboard or 2) when clipboard data is ignored/rejected. Assuming you are running Clipboard 7 (or perhaps earlier versions as well), you can turn off these sounds.

Go to Clipmate, Options, Sounds and turn off "clipboard data cleared by another app" and "clipboard data ignored/rejected". You can even listen to the sounds that each particular option makes before you turn them off. I tested and it was indeed the sounds that were driving me crazy.
    This problem will be especially frequent if you use other applications that are accessing the clipboard frequently (like Phrase Express or KeepPass, for example).

Since I've turned off those two Clipmate options, the random (or what seemed random) sounds are blessedly gone.

Good luck.

saratojo, Apr 19, 2016
  7. I had this beep and a stutter in mouse movement
    The beeps would gradually go away after working for a while.

Expert advice was that it was caused by two programs interacting but somehow didn't make sense.
    The only hint at all was an occasional message that the last usb connection wasn't recognized.

Eventually my plugin USB mouse failed completely and, after using a new wireless mouse with the connection on a different usb slot, the beeping has stopped.
    I will test whether it is the mouse or the onboard socket that is faulty but for know I'm happy.

thetraveler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Beeping noise after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Beeping noise upgrade

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. Screen freezes and beeping noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freezes and beeping noises: Lately I've been having this error; my screen would freeze or slow down for about 10-20 seconds, and afterwards a number of beeps would play between 2-5, no consistency between them. After that the PC would continue working as usual, but this has been happening to me on a...
  5. Laptop making beeping noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop making beeping noise: So I was using the draw function with a drawing tablet in word to do my homework, but every time I use this function, the laptop starts to make beeping noises as my cursor moves and all the buttons stop working. This keeps happening even I restart the laptop. I'm a person who...
  6. I have a beeping noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a beeping noise: I have a beeping noise that is like doooo, long pause DO DO DO. What may this be and what is a fix for it? My pc is a AlienWare Aurora R11 incase that's helpful. It recently started yesterday. I have restarted my pc and unplugged everything and plugged it back in. I recently...
  7. Beeping noises

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Beeping noises: Hi, a few days ago my laptop started making random beeping noises, even when muted. I didn't have this problem at all on Linux. submitted by /u/friedcouch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji5brd/beeping_noises/
  8. Beeping noise from computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Beeping noise from computer?: My Pavilion HP All-in-one started beeping very loud today. I turned it on, then there were 3 low beeps, then continuous, high-pitched beeps. I have no clue what happened over night as I used it before the incident. My windows version is Windows 10....
  9. Windows 10 Beeping noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Beeping noises: Whenever i open anything in my taskbar my computer lags for a second and i hear a three beeps. What is this and how can i make it stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-beeping-noises/914fd4e2-f88b-40cc-bdf5-a3b203a1b2ce
  10. Windows causes weird "beeping" noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows causes weird "beeping" noise: Hi, since I have installed Windows 10, I noticed weird "beeping" noise. It's not classic beeping sound you can hear, when there is something wrong. It's not even coming from speakers. It's like mechanical, not sure how to call it. I was using Ubuntu before and I'm pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 bleeps after upgrade

2. computer is beeping after upgrade to windows 10 professional