Windows 10: Beeping noises

Discus and support Beeping noises in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, a few days ago my laptop started making random beeping noises, even when muted. I didn't have this problem at all on Linux. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/friedcouch, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Beeping noises

Hi, a few days ago my laptop started making random beeping noises, even when muted. I didn't have this problem at all on Linux.

submitted by /u/friedcouch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/friedcouch, Oct 25, 2020
  2. kisskaan Win User

DIGITAL BEEPING NOISE FROM 6630 and 6133 too..

moving parts ??? are you absolutely serious about this suggestion ?

it is a digital mobile phone.. digital means no moving parts.. except the vibration section i guess.. but you need to hear the noise.. and its not only my mobile phone.. so its not something reasonable to contact support in order to get it fixed.. and moreover
    !! its a digital beeping noise.. im NOT talking about a ticking noise like a bomb here !! its more like a cpu processing noise.. something melodical.. please more serious suggestions !! anyone ???

kisskaan, Oct 25, 2020
  3. 000qwerty Win User
    Wireless Headphones - How to disable mute/ no volume [0%] and max volume [100%] beep noise?

The solution below will solve (removing beep noise) the problem:

1. Open Windows Registry (regedit.exe).
    2. Jump to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Bluetooth\Audio\AVRCP\CT
    3. Create REG_DWORD DisableAbsoluteVolume and set it's value to 1.
    4. Restart PC

But, it will cause issues when I try to change the volume from my headphones. They no longer control the master volume / volume mixer, but still adjusts the sound level when volume up/down is pressed.

So, is there a way to remove the beep noise altogether without doing that registry change?

Note: There is no beep noise when I change the volume to 100% or 0% on the built-in Laptop speakers.

000qwerty, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Beeping noises

Beeping noises

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I would suggest you to place your computer in clean boot to check if the third party applications conflicting & check if the issue persists.

Clean boot:

Please follow the link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished clean boot, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart

Method: 2

• Get into the Control Panel.
    • If it is opened in a Category
      view then select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Change system sounds link of the
      System option.
    • And if your Control Panel opens up in a
      Classic view then click on the Sound icon directly.
    • The Sound will now be arrived on the screen.
    • Take yourself to the Sounds tab.
    • Now under the Program Events section scroll down and select the option which reads as
      Default Beep.
    • After opting the Default Beep, go to the
      Sounds section and click on the drop down menu.
    • In the obtained list look for the option none and set it as the
      Sound.
    • Now click on Ok to disable the
      Beep sound.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Beeping noises

1. Beeping noises - Similar Threads - Beeping noises

2. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  3. Beep noise after long press of a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beep noise after long press of a key: Hello, i have the issue that when i play for example PUBG, windows beeps very repeatedly when i press any button for a longer time. The beeping itself is not the problem but windows stops the input of that key and i have to stop pressing that key for it to work again.Can...
  4. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  5. Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time

Beeping noise when pressing the keys shift, w and a at the same time: I play games and in every single game i try i cant press shift w and a at the same time and it only makes a beeping sound after a second or two, I have all updated drivers however im using a pc/2 slot keyboard, all my sticky keys and accessibility settings have been turned...
  6. RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker

RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker: Hello,I have a hp spectre x360, randomly when I plugged in a headphone jack an incredibly loud beeping noise has begun intermittently coming out of the right speaker on the underside of the laptop. I removed the headphone jack and the noise remains. It seems almost random yet...
  7. RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR Audio making a loud beeping noise from right-hand side speaker: Hello,I have a hp spectre x360, randomly when I plugged in a headphone jack an incredibly loud beeping noise has begun intermittently coming out of the right speaker on the underside of the laptop. I removed the headphone jack and the noise remains. It seems almost random yet...
  8. Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds: I'm quite suddenly experiencing a background noise similar to the beeping you hear when connecting hardware - a double bleep about every 10 seconds. it told me that the usb i connected is unrecognized and to connect it again but nothing is happening. im not sure if it's...
  9. Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds

Experiencing a background beep noise with double bleep about every 10 seconds: I'm quite suddenly experiencing a background noise similar to the beeping you hear when connecting hardware - a double bleep about every 10 seconds. it told me that the usb i connected is unrecognized and to connect it again but nothing is happening. im not sure if it's...
  10. Screen freezes and beeping noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freezes and beeping noises: Lately I've been having this error; my screen would freeze or slow down for about 10-20 seconds, and afterwards a number of beeps would play between 2-5, no consistency between them. After that the PC would continue working as usual, but this has been happening to me on a...