Windows 10: Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers

Discus and support Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Screensavers are fun, they look cool and make you feel relaxed. While they don't serve their original purpose anymore, the prevention of burn-ins in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 11, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers

Screensavers are fun, they look cool and make you feel relaxed. While they don't serve their original purpose anymore, the prevention of burn-ins in displays, they may still add visual elements to the display when the device is not used actively.

Windows 10 comes with a bunch of pretty screensavers, of which my favorite is Bubbles. If you want more designs, check out Before Dawn.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-is-an-open-source-program-that-has-many-cool-screensavers.jpg
    It is an open source program that has nearly three dozen patterns to choose from. You have no control over where the application gets installed, but that's not a huge deal.

Run it, and it will appear on the system tray. Right-click on it and select Preferences to access the Before Dawn's interface.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-tray-menu.jpg

The top right half of the window lists all screensavers that are available for selection. This includes a C64 pattern, a Blur screen mode, a webcam mode, and more. There are a couple of wacky ones, like the poop emoji, the lonely computer and the tall boy. And there's the DVD logo which bounces around the screen, I'm sure we have all spent time watching it and wondering if it will hit the corner.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-gradient.jpg

It also has some serene options like Rain, Sparks, and Gradients. Before Dawn features a couple of photo screensaver options such as Astronomy photos, Hubble for which it pulls the data from NASA and the Hubble Telescope respectively.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-photo-screensavers.jpg

Select something classic like the Starfield, or use a more modern one with the Emoji Starfield which is kind of cool. Though the program allows you to run a custom URL when the screensaver is triggered, this option didn't work for me.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-emoji-starfield.jpg

The problem with having too many options is that you may not be able to decide which one to choose. Hit the random option, and the program will pick one for you. The left half of Before Dawn's interface displays a preview of the selected screensaver, and some of these have an additional option like changing the intensity, or in the case of the Cave Story screensaver, you can select a Balrog or Dragon flying across the screen.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-emoji-starfield-screensaver.jpg

Speaking of previews, head to the official demo page to see a preview of each screensaver in Before Dawn. There's something you need to know about the program, it doesn't replace Windows' screensaver, instead it runs separately in its own window, and is set to use full screen mode. Move the mouse or use the keyboard to dismiss the screensaver, and the window closes automatically.

Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers Before-Dawn-quasicrystals.jpg

You may set when the screensaver should be activated under the Settings section. The default value is 5 minutes, but you can set it to 1/10/15/30 minutes or an hour. The "never" option when enabled will prevent the screensaver from kicking in automatically, in which case you can use the program's tray icon (Run Now) to activate it manually. Before Dawn will put the computer to sleep after 10 minutes, but you can change this option as well.

Head to the Advanced Settings for more options to lock the computer, disable the program when your laptop is running on battery, etc. The application does not have a hotkey enabled, though you can add one of your own to run the screensaver. Before Dawn allows you to create your own wallpapers, the downside is that you'll need some coding experience, particularly in HTML, CSS or JavaScript.

Before Dawn is an open source program, it is written in Electron. It is available for Windows, macOS and Linux. The program isn't very responsive when it comes to switching screensavers, which maybe due to the preview rendering the graphics, nevertheless is a tad annoying.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 11, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers :)

terrace, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Can't Remove Screensavers

Well since there is no way to uninstall the two screensavers I made it was suggested I uninstall the program. Unfortunately, even after uninstalling Axialis Screensaver, the screensavers I made are still listed. Not a big deal just wonder where the data is hiding? Normally they should of been created in the system32 folder but in searching none where found. *Mad

Winmicro10help, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Azhar Win User

RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Before Dawn is a cross platform program that has many cool screensavers - Similar Threads - Before Dawn cross

2. Cross-Platform Extras/Collectibles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross-Platform Extras/Collectibles: Hi there,I would like to ask if it is possible to buy extras/collectibles on the Microsoft-Store for a game that you bought on another platform, like Steam?In my case, I would like to buy two collectibles for a game called “Little Nightmares 1” that I bought previously on...
  3. Minecraft Cross Platform

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Cross Platform: Hello I am having an issue where my friend and I have friended each other on the Minecraft Windows 10 edition, however he is playing on PS4 and I am playing on PC, while another friend of mine is also playing on PS4. The issue is that I cannot find the world, whenever I...
  4. Store cross platforming

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store cross platforming: Hey. If I buy a game on my laptop for $50 dollars, do I have to pay for it again to play the game with the same account on another device? If it help, I'm wishing to buy Sea of Theives Thanks....
  5. Cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross platform: It is not letting me play with a ps4 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cross-platform/b3c075e5-13ad-41ae-80ef-a5e9f995a827
  6. minecraft cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft cross platform: when i hit find cross platform friends it says you cant add friends bc of how your microsoft account is set up how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-cross-platform/3bfc842e-4e17-4a1c-a03c-4bdf796361dd
  7. Minecraft cross-platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cross-platform: I am trying to join my friends who are on various platforms on minecraft but an error message pops up reading: 'You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings' I have been...
  8. PS4 cross platform account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 cross platform account: I am wondering when someone is going to get on top of this issue with the microsoft accounts not working for PS4. I've been trying for weeks to log in, and it always says failed to login. I feel as if this is unfair towards players on the PlayStation platform because nothing...
  9. PS4 cross platform account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PS4 cross platform account: I am wondering when someone is going to get on top of this issue with the microsoft accounts not working for PS4. I've been trying for weeks to log in, and it always says failed to login. I feel as if this is unfair towards players on the PlayStation platform because nothing...
  10. cross-platform play questions

in Windows 10 Support
    cross-platform play questions: I do not own an Xbox one or an Xbox 360, but my friend has an Xbox 360 and I have a windows 10 gaming PC. I was able to add him as a friend and send messages, but I see that a number of games do not show up in the windows 10 or Xbox one section of the store through the Xbox...